Votes: 37 11.2%
  • Michelle Kwan

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • Sasha Cohen

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

vlaurend

Final Flight
Because they *never* make the wrong call ;)

LOL! Touche. ;) But footwork is extremely hard to judge. What looks impressive and difficult is not always difficult, and vice-versa. My favorite is really Takahashi's because you know it gets the difficulty level but it is also a dramatic crowd-pleaser. Plushenko may have gotten a level 4 on his, but at the expense of the choreography and interpretation (which I think *should* have been reflected in the PCS, but wasn't). The arm flailing did not match his music and was just annoying. Takahashi uses the footwork and upper body movement to enhance the interpretation of the music. Same with Mao.

merrybari

Final Flight
Let's not forget Evan! He had the audience on their feet everytime IIRC this season!! Pretty potent stuff. :thumbsup:

For ineligibles I guess I'd go with Kurt!

glorydave

Spectator
Sorry, but I can't choose among your options... The best in footwork for me is Takahashi. Strong, fast and elegant at the same time!

spookyangel

Spectator
Agh! How can you not include Stephane Lambiel, Diasuke Takahashi, and Jeffrey Buttle? Their footwork is sublime - the best of today's current eligible men!

I agree. Lambiel, Takahashi and Buttle should be included.

I am sorry to say this but I can see some of names who shouldn't be on the list.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Let's not forget Evan! He had the audience on their feet everytime IIRC this season!! Pretty potent stuff. :thumbsup:

Aside from his twizzles and the passion/presentation he puts into the footwork, it's not as great to watch, to me, as someone like Kurt or Scott... but that's just me... Evan's footwork always reminds me of Alexei's... something that brings teh house down, but pretty much the same steps each time.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This one is a no brainer. I watched and rewatched Kurt's Gotta Skate VII - Motown show. He is still the master of the blade when it comes to footwork - heck just choreography period. Thoroughly entertaining to watch. I would rank Jeff Buttle after Kurt as the new kid on the block, but Kurt still rules!!!

:bow::bow::bow:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
From what little I've seen of Browning (it's not as fun on youtube) his footwork was/is phenomenal and very innovative. I also enjoyed Yagudin, I'm not enough of an expert to comment on difficulty but he's exciting to watch. As for the omission of some current skaters, I agree Buttle should be on the list (though I wouldn't vote for him) but I think Stephane's real strengths lie elsewhere, and have been unimpressed by Takahashi. Am I the only one who thought the step sequences in the techno swan program lacked flow? Apparently so. :eek:hwell:

BTW, some of the ladies included on the list are really not the skaters who come to mind as examples of great footwork - at least as far as I'm concerned.

stevlin

On the Ice
best footwork

That's an easy one. Jeffrey Buttle. His footwork is fast, amazing edges. Check out his World's lp where he goes into his footwork and it looks like he is dancing. All his programs grab m y attention. For a pro skater it would have to be Kurt Browning.:rock:

ross

Spectator
Carolina's SP footwork this year was a masterpiece. In fact, all of her SP footworks are great.
I totally agree. Also Caro's Sp footwork, Pachelbel's Canon.... great![/I]

Quote:
Originally Posted by museksk8r
Agh! How can you not include Stephane Lambiel, Diasuke Takahashi, and Jeffrey Buttle? Their footwork is sublime - the best of today's current eligible men!

I agree. Lambiel, Takahashi and Buttle should be included.

Yes, yes...yes!

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I voted Yagudin.
I'm really suprised Takahashi isn't there though. Out of the current competitive skaters, I think he wins, hands down.