Figure Skating... ...Record! | Golden Skate

Figure Skating... ...Record!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Figure Skating Sets New State Games of America Record
With a new single-sport record of 1,138 athletes signed up for Figure Skating at the 2007 State Games of America in Colorado Springs, registration has officially closed for the popular ice sport, which will be held at the Colorado Springs World Arena. (the previous State Games record for the sport was 1,080 entries in 2001 at St.Louis) It’s the first of 29 sports to close down registration for 2007.

Sport leaders at the end of the week by the numbers

Figure Skating………..1,138
Basketball………………338
Track & Field………….290
Gymnastics…………….210
http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index.php?section=pp&action=show&id=39197

What does it mean?????

Sean, I think you had something to do with beating the drum for figure skating in Colorado. Come on, take a bow! :bow:

Well, I don't blame all these kids for signing up. They will never get to the US Nationals and not even think about Worlds.

Sean - Go watch them. There may even be a male skater among them. There should be at least 2 Pairs and 4 Dance teams.

I enjoy watching Middle Atlantics in NYC every summer which is probably similar to this.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Sean, I think you had something to do with beating the drum for figure skating in Colorado. Come on, take a bow! :bow:

Here I would imagine a "goof" like me would detour people from being interested.:laugh:

Sean - Go watch them. There may even be a male skater among them.
:rofl: That is funny, there MIGHT just be a guy skating:agree: Yes More events I need to attend, the only real issue is the ones in the Springs - I don't like the Colorado Springs drive. Of course on thing that is nice, is they aren't as expensive as the ones in Aspen.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Well, I don't blame all these kids for signing up. They will never get to the US Nationals and not even think about Worlds.

Sean - Go watch them. There may even be a male skater among them. There should be at least 2 Pairs and 4 Dance teams.

Joe

Adult Masters Novice Men 4 Champion and 2006 Bronze Medallist in Championship Masters Men will be skating in Senior men.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
What is the State Games of America??
More info on the figure skating competition at the 2007 State Games of America (August 1-5 in Colorado Springs):
http://www.thesportscorp.org/SGA2007/sports/figure_skating.html

Eligibility
In order to compete in the State Games of America, participants must have qualified by:
·Placing First, Second, or Third in any figure skating event in a local State Games competition occurring between May 1, 2005 and May 15, 2007
·Placing First, Second, or Third in any figure skating event at the 2005 State Games of America competition
·Being a resident of Colorado
Both USFSA and ISI skaters can participate.

True. However, a few National level skaters have participated in the State Games of America as a regular club competition (Rachael Flatt, as the 2005 U.S. novice ladies champ, won the Junior Ladies Unrestricted FS Group A event at the 2005 SGOA, for example).

Yes More events I need to attend, the only real issue is the ones in the Springs - I don't like the Colorado Springs drive. Of course on thing that is nice, is they aren't as expensive as the ones in Aspen.
If you're willing to make the drive to Colorado Springs, I recommend the Broadmoor Open as a worthwhile early summer competition to attend -- particularly Friday, June 22 and Saturday, June 23 -- link to club's event info page: http://www.broadmoorsc.com/Default.aspx?Page=BroadmoorOpen