best sites for classical music information/ education | Golden Skate

best sites for classical music information/ education

E

eltamina

best sites for classical music information/ education

Thanks to JOH102, I listened to the entire perfornace of the Hiram madrigal singers. I don't even know that Kennedy center web site allows us to listen to entire performances. So I am starting this thread for classical music information/ education sites. Please add yours favorites here, thanks.

1. From Jo

www.kennedy-center.org/pr...illennium/

2. I discovered this BBC site last week, and it is my #1 favorite. You can listen to a 45 minute analysis on the different pieces listed. I have gone over Mozart's clarinet quintet, quintet (not quartet) in g minor K516, Beethoven v cto, Ravel's piano concerto, Vaughan Williams variation on a theme of Thomas Tallis.

www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/clas...over.shtml

3. The naxos site is loaded with tons of information. They provided free listening to practically all their cds. You have to register for it, but it is free. I have listened to entire pieces of music, e.g. Schumann's v cto. I try to log onto naxos everyday and listen to a track of something that is entirely new to me.

www.naxos.com/naxos/naxos_marco_polo.htm

4. Sony VIP, you can listen to entire albums. It is free, you have to register.
So far in the recent past, I have listened to Hilary Hahn Mendelssohn and Shastokovich ctos album, the opera babes album, Bitter Love ( Huang Ying) album, the sound track to the movie the pianist, and many many more.

L

Ladskater

Re: best sites for classical music information/ education

eltamina:

Might I suggest the CBC fm radio station from British Columbia. I know people all over the world listen to it. You should be able to receive it on your FM dial. The Web Site is:

www.cbc.ca/

I know you would love it.

Ladskater