Kristi Yamaguchi designed cup for auction | Golden Skate

Kristi Yamaguchi designed cup for auction

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You can own a sippy cup designed by Kristi and her girls, Keara and Emma! It's part of an ebay auction with proceeds benefitting the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation. She is one of many celebrities who designed cups with their children to be auctioned off for the charity.

You can see all the cups here:

Ebay - Celebrity Designed Sippy Cups

And Kristi's auction here:

Kristi Yamaguchi's cup

Another great thing Kristi did recently is donate for a playground for disabled children through her own charity foundation Always Dream. Here's an article for anyone interested.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_5754476?source=rss

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Why on Earth would you want your child drinking out of a cup with some other random family's faces on it??!?

~Z

Why on Earth would you want your child drinking out of a cup with some other random family's faces on it??!?
So you can pretend you are kissing Kristi Yamaguchi! :love:

(Oh wait, I meant that's why I would drink out of it -- don't know about my child. :) )

No wait, I wouldn't drink out of it at all. I would put it on display with my Kristi snowglobe and my Kristi Christmas tree ornament and my Kristi sports action figure and my Kristi bobblehead. :)

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Actually I think the point isn't to necessarily even use the cup as a cup, but to give to charity and as a bonus you get a one-of-a-kind designed cup from a celeb that you like. It also is a way of promoting their new sippy cups that people can design their own. But I like Mathman's idea! :rofl:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Oh dear lord. I hate sippy cups. And by hate I mean HATE HATE HATE. One of my friends has two kids and I swear there are sippy cups everywhere in her house, her car, her yard. They multiply like freaking rabbits. And, they are not as leak-proof as they say they are. Her two year old figured out that he could get the plug out of the lid by banging the cup against his carseat. And then, of course, he would intentionally turn the cup upside down and spill his juice all over the car and himself. I am so anti-sippy cup, I think all babies should go from bottle to regular cup. So what if they can't toddle around with their juice 24/7, maybe they wouldn't be overweight with rotting teeth by the age of 3. Teach them to sit down and drink at the table. Let them ride 10 minutes in the car without gulping down 8 ounces of juice, I promise they will survive.

Okay, sorry, rant over. If it were anything else Kristi had designed I'd totally bid on it for charity, but I just cannot tolerate sippy cups!

ildah

Rinkside
:rofl::rofl::rofl:I'm totally with you! Sippy cups go along with "pull-ups" on my list. Just another way for 3,4, and 5 year olds to still be in diapers or not give up the baby bottle. It's not the wee ones, but the lazy parents. How did we older folks ever not have our 4 year olds walking around in diapers, or with bottles? How did we ever get dinner ready with little toddlers around. I'll give you a hint: PLAYPENS!! But then again, a lot of newer parents wouldn't want to set any boundaries and put themselves first, would they?

Ok...Ok I'm off topic. Thanks for letting me vent. I too hate sippy cups, but Kristi's heart is in the right place.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Oh dear lord. I hate sippy cups. And by hate I mean HATE HATE HATE. One of my friends has two kids and I swear there are sippy cups everywhere in her house, her car, her yard. They multiply like freaking rabbits. And, they are not as leak-proof as they say they are. Her two year old figured out that he could get the plug out of the lid by banging the cup against his carseat. And then, of course, he would intentionally turn the cup upside down and spill his juice all over the car and himself. I am so anti-sippy cup, I think all babies should go from bottle to regular cup. So what if they can't toddle around with their juice 24/7, maybe they wouldn't be overweight with rotting teeth by the age of 3. Teach them to sit down and drink at the table. Let them ride 10 minutes in the car without gulping down 8 ounces of juice, I promise they will survive.

Okay, sorry, rant over. If it were anything else Kristi had designed I'd totally bid on it for charity, but I just cannot tolerate sippy cups!

I can't agree more...and minivans and SUV's with DVD players in them? If your kid can't sit in the car and amuse themselves for the length of time it takes you to get gas, go to the grocery store and pick up the dry cleaning, you have a real problem! Discipline is what is lacking...and a spanking and I'm only 31

just wondering

On the Ice
: How did we older folks ever not have our 4 year olds walking around in diapers, or with bottles? How did we ever get dinner ready with little toddlers around. I'll give you a hint: PLAYPENS!! But then again, a lot of newer parents wouldn't want to set any boundaries and put themselves first, would they?

I don't even think the baby PC crowd calls them playPENS anymore - too restrictive. I think, it's now playYARD. much more liberating, don't you think? :laugh:

Throw in a play yard - with Kristie & family emblazoned on the side - along with the matching sippy cup , now there's an idea ripe for ebay charities!
JW