Kim Yu-na - Article | Golden Skate

Kim Yu-na - Article

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I hope that she keep the Lark Asending for her Long. It fit her style very well, and would like to see more of it.

also.... i wonder who is playing for all this... does the Korean federation sponsor some of the expenses?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
SInce my first exposure to Kim was an article about the brutal schedule she was keeping along with her homesickness and those incredibly beautiful but somewhat sad eyes of hers, I can't help but wonder if all the pressure is good for her emotionally... I also wonder if her back has been given the time to properly heal... She's such a lovely skater...

A question for the technical bunch - is it common to start training for the Olympics this far out? Historically, who has used this stragedy and what were their results? Not including, of course, those who were shoo-ins for team spots if they dominated their respective Nationals but a serious long-term plan... Or do all of them do this?

Lumi

On the Ice
I hope the text in the picture dosen't mean she will skate to the Phantom of the oppera. I kinda had enough of it last season, and Kiira is keeping her FS... oh dear...

But anyway, goog luck for Kim :).

Last edited:

netnuts

Match Penalty
I hope the text in the picture dosen't mean she will skate to the Phantom of the oppera. I kinda had enough of it last season, and Kiira is keeping her FS... oh dear...

But anyway, goog luck for Kim :).

No 'Phantom of the Opera' please. Gee.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
A question for the technical bunch - is it common to start training for the Olympics this far out?

Well they are preparing her to be Natioanls Champion, World Champion, GPF champion. All of that plays towards being a favorite at the olympics. No, of course it is not to early to start thinking about the olympics.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Well they are preparing her to be Natioanls Champion, World Champion, GPF champion. All of that plays towards being a favorite at the olympics. No, of course it is not to early to start thinking about the olympics.

That makes sense... and I like to think that with any other skater I'd be shocked if they WEREN'T preparing now... She's just one of those skaters I do think of as an ice princess vs. an athlete... you know that thing I grouse about other posters doing... oh well... self awareness of hyprocity is the first step in overcoming it, right? :p;)

antmanb

Record Breaker
A question for the technical bunch - is it common to start training for the Olympics this far out? Historically, who has used this stragedy and what were their results?

:rofl: KW - was that an intentional misspelling?! I liked it!!

Ant

SInce my first exposure to Kim was an article about the brutal schedule she was keeping along with her homesickness and those incredibly beautiful but somewhat sad eyes of hers...
Yeah, the first article (was it in IFS?) that introduced Yu-na to the western world a couple of years ago presented her in that way. I'm sure she was homesick and shy when she first came to Canada at 13, and as we know all elite skaters have gruelling training schedules and not so much time for fun as other teenagers.

Now I think we have a more complete perspective.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I loved it: Stragedy(n): a strategy that is doomed to failure and will end in tragedy!

Ant :)

:rofl::rofl: Now if THAT isn't a clear definition of modern ice skating Olympic results I simply don't know what is... :rofl::rofl:

(and before the purist jump down my throat, when was the last time that the favorite actually skated away with the gold - in ladies catergory... )

R.D.

Record Breaker
There is going to be a lot of pressure on this young lady.

I don't know if it's an option or not, but maybe skating for another country (Canada?) might help ease some of the hometown frenzy?

I think a rivalry will develop between her and Mao Asada. Sorry, but I think it'll be a one-time thing for Ando and Meissner will be left way behind. Next!