Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland 2009 Nationals

Cleveland 2009 Nationals

Order form for 2009 U.S. Nationals in Cleveland is now posted at www.Cleveland2009.com.

Most expensive all event ticket is $895 and the least expensive is $295. There is also a very large pdf file which shows the seating at Quicken Loans Arena (formerly Gund).

Maureen

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Holy crap! Guess I'd better start saving. Anybody else going?

Holy Wallet!! Is there any end to the rise in these venues?

Joe

Weekend packages

The LOC updated the website to show weekend packages available for 2009 Cleveland Nationals. Prices vary depending on where you want to sit. From what I've read around the internet the individual tickets will go on sale in September.

A poster on FSU has a tentative schedule from an inside source. Looks like the Championship Pairs and Dance will be split into early and late groups. Championship Ladies appear to be skating in one group - not split like St. Paul. Men will skate on Sunday and the Skating Spectacular is on Sunday.

Here is a link to the tentative schedule - hope it works.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60557

Maureen - I'm terrible at links

All event tickets arrived!

Yesterday (Saturday) my all event tickets for Cleveland Nationals arrived. I'm so excited!

The tickets were sent out by regular mail in a white business size envelope. There is one ticket for each session and a practice pass which says it is good for all practices at Quicken Loans Arena and Hoover Arena East & West. Hoover Arena in Strongsville is apparently considered Hoover Arena East. Winterhurst Arena in Lakewood was recently taken over by Hoover Arena and is, I guess, considered Hoover Arena West. Winterhurst is a very old arena but I believe it was refurbished when it changed hands. I am wondering if the East & West on the practice pass means practices will be at both Hoover Arenas. Guess time will tell.

The only thing which annoyed me about the tickets (and it is really petty) is that it only lists the Session number and time - not what the event actually is like Jr. Ladies, Jr. Men, etc.

Maureen

Rinkside

Go figure

Hi-
    I live in Shaker Heights, and both my kids skate, so needless to say, we are excited about attending Nationals this year. My daughter is a HUGE Rachel Flatt fan. I was just wondering if anyone else had been invited to the GO FIGURE event? Its at the Cleveland Renaissance Hotel connected to the arena, its a meet and greet with coaches on Friday morning 1/23. They have invited Priscilla Hill, Patti Gotwein, Charlene Wong, and a few others. I know travel/tickets to the event are expensive, but this was a little cheaper and seemed like fun for everyone, anyone else going?

welcome to the boards! enjoy nationals, it's a great event to see LIVE!

Custom Title
    I can't believe Nationals are almost here.

Staying in Brook Park, but it's pretty easy to get to the Q from there.

Paying the bills
    Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    There is one ticket for each session and a practice pass which says it is good for all practices at Quicken Loans Arena and Hoover Arena East & West. Hoover Arena in Strongsville is apparently considered Hoover Arena East. Winterhurst Arena in Lakewood was recently taken over by Hoover Arena and is, I guess, considered Hoover Arena West. Winterhurst is a very old arena but I believe it was refurbished when it changed hands. I am wondering if the East & West on the practice pass means practices will be at both Hoover Arenas. Guess time will tell.
    We were at IceLand (Hoover) a few years ago for Junior Nationals. The rinks in the Strongsville arena are referred to as the West rink and the East rink, but they are both located in the same facility. Each rink had plenty of seating along one side, so I wasn't surprised to see that they opened up the practice sessions to all event holders this year. It's just a bit of a hike from the downtown Cleveland hotels. Hopefully the weather will be accommodating.

Cleveland Nationals Blog

A poster named Trudi from Skatefans has started a blog about Cleveland with all kinds of useful links and info. She lives in the area and works in downtown Cleveland.

Here's the link.

http://oughtninenationals.wordpress.com/

Maureen

Will anyone be at the FRIENDS luncheon on Sunday to take pics of skaters with themselves, and watch the Gala rehearsals? If so we should all meet at some point and giggle at the results.

just giggle? no guffaws?

I wish I could go... but then again FL's heat is looking REALLY good right about now.

Banned
    Thanks, I'll be going to Nats '09, and that link has a lot of helpful stuff. Planning out restaurants in advance would be better than wandering around in the cold...

Yes, thank you very much for that link! Lots of good info...I think that Irish brewpub is going to get alot of my money.....

Driving in Cleveland

Here is some info about the driving/travel time which you might not have read about. Cleveland is having a problem with a bridge on I-90 which is of similar design as the I-35W bridge that collapsed in Minneapolis. Three of the four lanes have been reopened...but could still cause delays driving your car into Cleveland from any of the south or west suburbs.

Additionally, ALL buses (shuttle bus for Nationals included) have been rerouted off the bridge. My husband normally goes to work on what has become the new route for bus/truck travel into downtown. At 4:30 a.m., it takes him 30 minutes to make this trip. I went to his office one weekday morning at 9:00 a.m. and it took me 90 minutes I think if I go to Strongsville to watch practices I will need to all at least 90 minutes to get back to downtown.

Also if you are downtown and driving your vehicle to any of the western or southern suburbs, be aware that the ON ramp for I-90W/I-71S at Ontario Street is closed. Nearest ON ramp for I-90W/I-71S is at East Ninth and Carnegie. East 9th is only a couple of blocks east of the Q.

Here is a link to the blog which talks about the bridge problem:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008...ne_on_inn.html

Maureen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast