"Talk To Her" | Golden Skate

"Talk To Her"

L

LADSKATER

"Talk To Her"

This was a great movie! If you really want to see something "different" and not just what hollywood churns out, I highly recommend "Talk to Her." It's all in Spanish - with English subtitles. I know it's nominated for best foreign film - will probably nab the Oscar too!

Ladskater

W

WindSpirit5

Re: "Talk To Her"

Lad, Almodóvar is nominated for directing and the film is nominated for (original) screenplay, but not for foreign film. I heard that Spain decided to choose another film for the Academy to consider. It didn't make the nominations, though. So maybe they should've gone with this one, although I've heard the other one is better (from people who have seen them both).

J

Joesitz

Spain goofed on this one. How could they not choose Almodovar for any film he makes?

Joe

L

LADSKATER

Too bad! What a different movie. Oh well, the Oscars should be interesting.

Ladskater

H

hrmsk8ngnutt

I really love this movie as well!!! It's been about a month since I've seen it and I still think about it. I was so happy that Almodovar was nominated for director and screenplay. His movies are definitely not for everyone, but I have been a fan since 'Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown'. Definitely worth seeing. Great soundtrack, too!!!

Herm (sk8ngnutt)