Actress on Ice: Juliana Cannarozzo | Golden Skate

Actress on Ice: Juliana Cannarozzo

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At 17, U. S. junior ladies competitor Juliana Cannarozzo has already embarked on her chosen career path. The talented brunette, ... [More]

Juiana may or may not get on the podium at an Olympics, but she looks toward winning an Oscar in films. She started the dream at 3 and that beats any other skater who when realizing their competitive days were over thought they would break into the acting business. Not easy. It takes more than a high spiral and a 3A for movies. They just don't make Sonia Henie movies any more. They haven't for decades.

Joe

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I liked seeing her at nationals.... but she had better get started in acting shcool or somthing. You don't get a part in a movie by going to nationals. Best of luck to her.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Tinymavy: she already has way more experience and training than Sasha Cohen in acting, so I'd say she's ahead of the game. Major speaking role in a Disney theatrical release, at least one commercial, and working on getting an agent--does a lot more for your career than just hitting the party circuit.

Good for Julianna! She's a great kid and I hope she goes far in skating, acting, and life.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
While channel surfing I noticed that the ABC Family cable channel is showing Disney's 'Ice Princess' movie from 2005 right now (10 pm-midnight) -- Cannarozzo's character (Zoey Bloch) should be appearing soon. :) Two more airings are scheduled for Thu. May 31 and Wed. June 6 at 8 pm Eastern.

Tinymavy: she already has way more experience and training than Sasha Cohen in acting, so I'd say she's ahead of the game. Major speaking role in a Disney theatrical release, at least one commercial, and working on getting an agent--does a lot more for your career than just hitting the party circuit.
I can't really compare the two and have no desire to minimize what Juliana has done, but it's not necessary to diminish Sasha in order to praise Juliana. Sasha co-stars in a new Disney film that (I think) will be theatrically released soon (Moondance Alexander) and has done a couple of TV roles (Las Vegas, CSI) and at least two TV commercials (Citizen Watch and Simply Saline). And a cameo part in the new Bratz film. She's certainly studying acting and surely has an agent, to be getting these parts.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Tinymavy: she already has way more experience and training than Sasha Cohen in acting, so I'd say she's ahead of the game. Major speaking role in a Disney theatrical release, at least one commercial, and working on getting an agent--does a lot more for your career than just hitting the party circuit..

Chalk up another skater-turned actress...but ITA with this post. You have to be willing to start off slow and be willing to put in the hard work. You have to not count on hitting it big and simply do it because you enjoy it.

The two of them should do a skating movie together. :p