Curious about moving. | Golden Skate

Curious about moving.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Not that it matters all that much - although I do notice others don't post or read some of the other "areas, like "Announcements" and such - why something like "Kimmie Meissner's Angels on Ice - 8/25/07!, Jen Kirk's 2nd Episode, Kristi Yamaguchi designed cup for auction or Kiira Korpi the most wanted "Pentecost sweetheart" in Finland!" were moved from the Edge to respective areas, yet something like "Actress on Ice: Juliana Cannarozzo" is posted on the Edge. The areas they were moved to do fit, but this one seems to be right up the same ally as "Kimmie's cool kids" thread.

I maybe getting nosey, I apologize. I don't mean it negative at all - I luv you GS masters, nor do I aspire to understand the mods decisions. Just trying to get a good grasp of where I should be posting.

Also wondering if this is motivation to start using the other areas of the board?

GS should know I will do whatever you want me to, but I want to be helpful as well. And if you want me to "just mind my own business" I understand and sorry to add some questions I really have no "good" reason to ask other than curiosity.

Last edited:
We are working on firming up an official policy as to what constitutes an "Announceent," etc. Thanks for noticing! :) Bear with us.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Further on Moving

I always wonder why one can't start a new topic of discussion on the same subject someone else has started. I have had this happen a couple of times. I tried to start a new discussion on a similar topic and my entry got moved to the previous topic.

Is this to save space?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Updated 6/9

As mathman said, we are in the process of creating a new policy which addresses posting (or including) external links to other sites outside of GS.

Note: This post may change in the future as we work through our changes. The date in the title will reflect this.

All links to articles from any site are both encouraged and welcome in the Edge Forum. Other posts allowed in the Edge include:
  • Posts which contain links to ISU information/events
  • Posts which contain links to Journal or News Updates of skaters
  • Posts which contain links to Youtube
  • Reviews from shows
Links that belong in the Announcement Forum are:
  • links to sites for any and all events unless ISU-related (ck the Competition Forum as well)
  • General website announcements (i.e. new sites)
The Announcement forum may have it's name changed soon, however, this forum should be utilized for posts that contain links to sites that are promoting events, commercial sites, site updates, and various posts with shameless "plugs".

Again, we are working through this change and will move posts as we see fit until we are able to work out the kinks and provide our members with more info :yes:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always wonder why one can't start a new topic of discussion on the same subject someone else has started. I have had this happen a couple of times. I tried to start a new discussion on a similar topic and my entry got moved to the previous topic. Is this to save space?

Why would you do this anyway? It doesn't make sense. Why not contribute to an ongoing thread? Could you provide a few specific examples including URLs?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Why would you do this anyway?

I am only guessing, but it might have to do with a thread going "sour" and an attempt to be more directly "put back on topic." I can only speculate, but those are the 2 thoughts I would have on "why." SeaniBu just trying to be helpful.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you can do that just by replying with the said post to the original thread...

Last edited: