Miss Universe on NOW on NBC! | Golden Skate

Miss Universe on NOW on NBC!

kappa_1

On the Ice
Anyone else watching? Kwan looks gorgeous, if it weren't for the whole short thing she could definitely whp any one of these girls!

And GO Miss Tanzania!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the cap. I could NEVER sit down to watch that show let alone any beauty pageant.

kappa_1

On the Ice
Yaaaay Congrats to Miss Japan (wow the Japanese seem to be winning everything nowadays)!

Too bad Miss USA fell, although her score in that round (8.7...) just did not reflect that. Miss Universe really needs a new, non-arbitrary judging system for it to be considered a sport....oh, wait it's not a sport? Oh well nevermind.

And yaaaay that Kwan got to ask her question...it definitely made me think of moments in her career.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yay I missed it! :D lol

Give me Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality over any real pagent anyday! ;)

Too bad Miss USA fell, although her score in that round (8.7...) just did not reflect that. Miss Universe really needs a new, non-arbitrary judging system for it to be considered a sport.....
:laugh: Hey, wait a minute. Miss USA fell and Miss Japan won the championship?

La Piquik

Spectator
hello.. i watched miss univers.. and the japonese was betibul but the Brazil should be the miss universe.. its not because i'm a brazilian.. but she is so pretyer than the japan girl.. and the Brazilian picked Michell for the question

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
hello.. i watched miss univers.. and the japonese was betibul but the Brazil should be the miss universe.. its not because i'm a brazilian.. but she is so pretyer than the japan girl.. and the Brazilian picked Michell for the question
Although I feel some what equally about the looks of the two ladies, I feel this is saying something about "looks not being the only thing that matters in theses pageants." Those two "looks" the ladies have are "my type" if there is such a thing - dark hair and eyes I commonly find more (not all) that are attractive numbers wise, but the "sultry" aspects that Miss Brazil exhibited during the swimsuit - they were slight but see played up sex appeal more so. Miss Japan came across as "more of a Lady" where Brazil IMO was more of a "yah I am Hot" type. I think that was a defining factor for the outcome. They want representatives, not super-models.

Another thought that looks do depend on some level to what a personality is like. Fumie has always become more attractive the more I find out about her for example.

So, Kampai Universe-san :love::love::bow:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Yaaaay Congrats to Miss Japan (wow the Japanese seem to be winning everything nowadays)!

Too bad Miss USA fell, although her score in that round (8.7...) just did not reflect that. Miss Universe really needs a new, non-arbitrary judging system for it to be considered a sport....oh, wait it's not a sport? Oh well nevermind.

And yaaaay that Kwan got to ask her question...it definitely made me think of moments in her career.

8.7 in a beauty pagent is a waaayyy low score. Sorta like a 5.4 technical score under 6.0... still don't understand CoP enough to figure that out... I like to believe that Kwan was like "oh well honey, when I fell - I didn't win either" However, I was beyond shocked when Ms. USA was booed... never saw that one coming at a beauty pagent...

America and Americans are booed everywhere in the world on every occasion. Wear a flack jacket if you venture abroad these days.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Something that would actually be interesting to know is what really decides who wins these things and who doesn't.
It ain't the swimsuit, it ain't the 'talent', it ain'the questions about world peace.....

Something that would actually be interesting to know is what really decides who wins these things and who doesn't.
It ain't the swimsuit, it ain't the 'talent', it ain'the questions about world peace.....
In the good old days of county fairs and traveling circuses, the sheriff's daughter would always win the local beauty contest -- in exchange for the sheriff looking the other way while the pickpockets worked the crowd. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

kappa_1

On the Ice
8.7 in a beauty pagent is a waaayyy low score. Sorta like a 5.4 technical score under 6.0... still don't understand CoP enough to figure that out... I like to believe that Kwan was like "oh well honey, when I fell - I didn't win either" However, I was beyond shocked when Ms. USA was booed... never saw that one coming at a beauty pagent...

Not relative to the other ladies in that particular round, some great ladies who didn't fall only got in the low 8s (like Tanzania and Angola). There were only a couple of ladies that got over 9.