Uno Shoma | Golden Skate

Uno Shoma

feraina

Record Breaker
This kid is so adorable! For a 8-9 year old, he has very good presentation skils, musicality, spins, footwork sequences, basic skating skills, and a full arsenal of double jumps (except for axel). His head is so big relative to his body, that it's amazing he can spin at all in positions that require his head off-center (layback; variation of sit). :) He has a leg-wrap tendency in his jumps, and his free leg often doesn't have good extension, including toe-picking for the toe jumps, so hopefully his coach can work these things out with him in the near future. Other than that, he's great!

I found another clip about him, including interview (in Japanese, alas) and practice -- it's crazy what crowded conditions under which he trains, I guess skating's really gotten popular in Japan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ik_fiFVZBo&NR=1

Talk about hyping youngsters, though, Japan definitely has USA beat -- the poor kid looked downright miserable in some of the interviews. :p

What I like about him is that he is musical. He didn't miss a beat and the music was not background which it could have been. That in itself makes me an immediate fan. His tech will definitely improve there is good signs for that. He may be World Champ at 15.

Joe

morninglight

On the Ice
Awwwww, soooo adorable!!!!!

I think him already a whole package. He has nice skating skills, posture, and musicality. He has some wrap and high-kick in his jumps, but it is very enjoyable to see his step sequences that fit with the music. The last combination spin is great. I also like his costume. His fists are kind of cute, too :) hahaha.

BTW, he's already gotten a homepage made by his parents (http://www.weed-inc.com/shoma/). This is definitely one of the best-designed homepages of individuals that I have ever seen. His mom would be a big fan of him:agree:

His coach seems to be Ms. Machiko Yamada, who used to teach Ms. Midori Ito, Yukari Nakano, and Asada sisters (The HP says that Mao played with him who came to the rink and invited him to learn FS together).

His head is so big relative to his body, that it's amazing he can spin at all in positions that require his head off-center (layback; variation of sit). :)

He seems to be still very small (120cm and 23kg!).

HP also says that his idol is Daisuke Takahashi (this may explain why he is so good at steps and layback).

Let's look forward to see him grow:agree:

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link to his website. He's so cute, and his little brother is really cute too! He is apparently 9, and has only been skating for 4 years. His recent scores are twice as high as those he got last year! Amazing, he's come so far so quickly. Hopefully things go smoothly for him in the next few years. We are always hearing about these amazing young ladies who burst onto the world stage at 12, 13, 14, but somehow we rarely see young men with such talent at a similar age. Maybe he'll prove an exception!

morninglight

On the Ice
Thank you feraina, for your clip, too!

I found another clip about him, including interview (in Japanese, alas) and practice -- it's crazy what crowded conditions under which he trains, I guess skating's really gotten popular in Japan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ik_fiFVZBo&NR=1

Talk about hyping youngsters, though, Japan definitely has USA beat -- the poor kid looked downright miserable in some of the interviews. :p

The clip:

His coach, Ms. Yamada, says that he is so adorable and artistic.

Shoma’s interview:

-The boy received chocolate from 21 people on the Valentine’s Day.

-Mao and he played together on the rink and that’s how he started to learn FS.

-He wants to become an Olympic medalist if he is lucky enough.

-He also wants to become a medical doctor to help his sick family.:)