ISU Dance rules for 2007-08: Jumps & Spins w/Lifts | Golden Skate

ISU Dance rules for 2007-08: Jumps & Spins w/Lifts

trains

On the Ice
The new ISU dance rules are posted. Single jumps not done simultaneously are allowed. Spins with lifts will be counted as two elements.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i think this is a bad idea. Jumping is the main attraction in singles and often in pairs.. will it take over dancing as well? Let's keep dancing dancing please! I hope that the jumps are not worth a lot of points otherwise all the dancers will be hopping around next fall.

antmanb

Record Breaker
i think this is a bad idea. Jumping is the main attraction in singles and often in pairs.. will it take over dancing as well? Let's keep dancing dancing please! I hope that the jumps are not worth a lot of points otherwise all the dancers will be hopping around next fall.

I don't think jumps have been assigned a value like in singles skating, i believe that they are allowed as linking elements/transitions.

Maybe the Kerrs will not get any deductions for a small hop like last season!

Ant

It's not unusual for a male dancer to do a waltz jump into a lunge and offer his hand to the lady in Ballroom Dancing. That could be a nice move in Ice Dancing but not a big value getter.

Joe

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
As long as the jumps don't have values, I don't see what's wrong with allowing jumps in ice dance. Most other forms of dance have jumps of one kind or another. It opens up a whole new creative window.