Who Needs American Or Canadian Idol For That Matter? | Golden Skate

Who Needs American Or Canadian Idol For That Matter?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
A young woman working as a waitress at a Vancouver restaurant was just discovered by none other than David Foster while he was here doing some auditions. He asked her to sing impromptu for him while she was serving his table. He is going to market her as the next Josh Groban - who he also helped launch in the music industry. So who needs the idol route when they have the real deal walk in the door? Not bad, eh?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He is going to market her as the next Josh Groban - who he also helped launch in the music industry. So who needs the idol route when they have the real deal walk in the door? Not bad, eh?
Lad, wouldn't you agree that is one chance in a million that would happen. I think American Idol gives the singer so much exposure.

David Foster asked for singing demo tapes from the school where Josh was going. Foster said he thought Josh had a million dollar voice.

Dee

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
David Foster also "discovered" Michael Buble of Canada - he sang at a wedding David was attending:

http://www.michael-buble.net/biography

Actually, Josh Groban met David Foster through his vocal coach. Josh worked for Foster as a reherarsal singer. The rest as they say "is history..."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/bio/index.jsp?pid=469550

I still think the girl in Vancouver got a lucky break and is fortunate to skip the hoopla that goes with the Idol shows....hope it works out for her.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladskater said:
Actually, Josh Groban met David Foster through his vocal coach. Josh worked for Foster as a reherarsal singer. The rest as they say "is history..."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/bio/index.jsp?pid=469550
Lad, the information I have about Josh is from his first CD (So I guess I can say that it came from the horses' mouth) and this is this is what was said. David needed a singer for an event he was putting together. He is a friend of the guy who used to be Josh's voice teacher, so he asked him if he knew anyone who fit the bill. The teacher sent Foster several tapes, and he picked Josh's.

I guess we can say that we can believe what we want to. By the way, do you have Josh's CD's??

Dee

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Dee4707

Josh's voice coach is David Romano, who starred as the tenor Piangi in the original Broadway production of Phantom of the Opera. David is still Josh's coach and travels with Josh on every tour and everywhere Josh goes.

David Romano knows David Foster - as Romano is David's go-to voice teacher when Foster has a budding singer who needs vocal and language training. Originally, Romano coached Josh on Italian diction when Foster started writing original songs for Josh to be recorded on his first album.

Joah is ultra serious about his music and takes great care of his voice. David warms him up several times a day and is always at Josh's side whether in the recording studio or the stage to prepare Josh to continue singing well into his middle age. People would be astounded how much work goes into keeping Josh healthy and in shape; when Josh is on a 45+ city world tour, you can imagine what would happen if Josh looses his voice, or starts damaging his voice due to improper technique or fatigue. He is really a dedicated singer, and that's one of the reasons you don't see Josh's name in the scandal magazines often - he's too busy rehearsing, resting and training.

Just though you'd like to know! Tenorguy