Fascination with a quad | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Fascination with a quad

morninglight

On the Ice
I agree. But we have to blame the CoP, not the skater.

That skewed and repititious jump layout translated into a 133 point program -- the highest score ever for a ladies' LP.

The 3T and 3Lo come at the end of combos because no other jump can go there. The Lutzes and flips must come at the end of the program because that gives you an extra ten percent bonus. Fill up the rest of your jumping passes with double Axels because they don't count against your Zayak quota (that rule has been changed somewhat for the 2007-08 season, however).

Rafael Arutunian and Lori Nicole (Mao's coach and choreographer) can read the CoP rules just like we can, LOL. In the New Judging Era a point is a point. :eek:hwell:

No, I am not blaming the skater. I also understand that they did a great job maximizing the score. But I wonder if she could have replaced one of 2As with either a solo 3S or 3S-3T.

No, i believe MM or someone in the thread you started about the triple loop listed some 11 or 12 skaters that included either solo triple loops or triple loops that were used as the first half of a combination jump at this year's worlds.
You are a stickler :biggrin: Without looking back to my original post, I believe I put the question based on a comment in IFS about the Japanese Ladies. I then asked are there others?

MM did give a list of skaters as well as did other posters. That was the point of the thread. Now what exactly is your point? I'm satisfied with the responses but I don't know what you are getting at?

But the question was - is the solo triple loop becoming a thing of the past (paraphrased) that does not mean just Miki and Mao it means everyone doesn't it? In any event up until this season (ending with Worlds in Tokyo) Mao Asada used a 3Lp/2Lp/2Lp combination in her LP - so she was using the triple loop as the first half of a combination under COP for the entire existance of COP up until this season.
Aaah sooo. That is your point. I see nothing wrong with that question. All someone had to do is say it is not or it is. duh. It's summertime gabbing. Nothing so serious as you seem to be making it.

Joe

Joe, can you point me in the direction of the IFS article about this? Is it in the June issue with Lysacek on the cover? This is an interesting question and I would like to check out what the IFS columnists have to say about it.

MM :)

But I wonder if she could have replaced one of 2As with either a solo 3S or 3S-3T.
Yes, that would have been a nicer program, and also gained her an extra 1.2 points (1.0 points under 2007-08 rules).

But the Salchow seems to be Mao's least favorite jump. She may not be able to do a 3S/3T at all. But she can Axel all day long. Next year she may come out with something like 3A, 3A+2Lo, 3Lz+3T, 3F+3Lo, 3Lz, 2A, 2A.

morninglight

On the Ice
Yes, that would have been a nicer program, and also gained her an extra 1.2 points (1.0 points under 2007-08 rules).

Yeah, I would have wanted to see that. And she would have won, too;)

But the Salchow seems to be Mao's least favorite jump. She may not be able to do a 3S/3T at all. But she can Axel all day long. Next year she may come out with something like 3A, 3A+2Lo, 3Lz+3T, 3F+3Lo, 3Lz, 2A, 2A.

3A, 3A+2Lo, 2A, 2A. Oh, no way! Are you kidding me? That would be almost funny though. hahahaha :laugh::laugh: It would surely be an incentive for "the Asada rule." ;) Besides, if one or two of the 3As are downgraded, she would be in a big trouble. No, no, no, nooooo, I don't really think such a jump layout would ever happen. I highly trust Mao and her coach for bringing 3S back into her program this season:yes::yes::yes:

Well, the new rules for next season still allow you to do up to three double Axels (before there was no limit). Also, a 3A that is downgraded still counts as a 3A (not a 2A) for Zayak purposes.

So Mao could even do 3A, 3A+2Lo, 3Lo+2Lo, 3Lo, 2A+2Lo+2Lo, 2A, 2A and still be within the rules. :laugh: (That's 41.5 points -- not bad for a 4 triple program. :) )

morninglight

On the Ice
Well, the new rules for next season still allow you to do up to three double Axels (before there was no limit). Also, a 3A that is downgraded still counts as a 3A (not a 2A) for Zayak purposes.

So Mao could even do 3A, 3A+2Lo, 3Lo+2Lo, 3Lo, 2A+2Lo+2Lo, 2A, 2A and still be within the rules. :laugh: (That's 41.5 points -- not bad for a 4 triple program. :) )

Hahahaha, Glorious Axel Museum! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It doesn't have to be Mao (as I trust her that she would bring her 3S back and keep 3T), but it would be really funny if anyone does that.

antmanb

Record Breaker
You are a stickler :biggrin: Without looking back to my original post, I believe I put the question based on a comment in IFS about the Japanese Ladies. I then asked are there others?

MM did give a list of skaters as well as did other posters. That was the point of the thread. Now what exactly is your point? I'm satisfied with the responses but I don't know what you are getting at?

Just what i said! Read post #36 - you asked if you had to back to Ito to find a good triple loop and i merely said no - out of the 11 or twelve females that did the triple loop there are many examples fine triple loops. My personal favourite is Rochette's.

Aaah sooo. That is your point. I see nothing wrong with that question. All someone had to do is say it is not or it is. duh. It's summertime gabbing. Nothing so serious as you seem to be making it.

Joe

I did that purely because after arguing the same point in the thread you started, when people finally were saying its not true - the statement in IFS isn't really ture you bowed out of the debate with no more comments but turned up in this thread making the same point which, i believe, is not true...namely there are many female skaters out there attempting solo triple loops and combinations with triple loops as the first half.

Ant

Ant - You are just so perfect. How can I ever distrust one who never posts a topic and can only react to what others say? You win. I quite out of boredom.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Ant - You are just so perfect. How can I ever distrust one who never posts a topic and can only react to what others say? You win. I quite out of boredom.

Aww thanks for saying so!!!!

I take it you quit rather than quite?!:laugh:

Ant

Last edited:

mirai_asada

On the Ice
Women attempting quads may be dangerous for their bodies, but I believe that in time, their bodies may be adapted to attempt such a difficult jump. Besides, women have already been attempting things that are bad for their bodies anyway. >.>