Purchased Car Insurance Today - OUCH!!!! | Golden Skate

Purchased Car Insurance Today - OUCH!!!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I purchased my car insurance today to the tune of $1759.00 Canadian. British Columbians pay the highest car insurance rates and gas prices in all of Canada. I managed to find gas today for $1.13 per litre. Even two years ago that would have been considered an outrageous price, now it seems like a bargain compared to last week - I paid $1.30 per litre. Between the high cost of insurance and gas it's a wonder we all keep on driving our cars out here on the coast - but somehow we do. Not Walking - yet....

Last edited:
In Detroit, no one can afford car insurance at all (mine is $4000), because of redlining. So most people make up a fictitious suburban address so they can get the same coverage for half as much.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Here it is based on: age of car (mine is two years old), female or male driver, - males usually pay more, but my car is newer than my husbands so mine is actually more than his!! Also, driving record counts - any speeding fines, accidents etc. - we all incur other people's accidents on our insurance! Distance we travel to and from work and our daily routes and huge government tax - most of it is government tax. Our insurance plan is owned and operated by the government. Therefore, we don't get any breaks on the cost. It all goes into the government coffer. Today I am probably paying for a trip for Gordon Campbell, our illustrious Premier or even some of the 2010 Olympic costs! Who knows?

Four thousand is a lot of money! Thank goodness I don't have to come up with that amount.