Thread: Promising Pair: Pflumm and Pottenger

News Promising Pair: Pflumm and Pottenger

Kaela Pflumm, 16, and Christopher Pottenger, 20, placed fourth at the 2006 U.S. National Figure Skating Championships in their first year together after winning the Eastern Sectionals. [More]

Banned
    Just curious, why were they not send to Junior Worlds?

Custom Title
    The U.S. sent 2 age-eligible senior pairs from 2007 Nationals, Namiotka/Coughlin (4th at 2006 & 2007 Jr. Worlds) and Moyle/Seitz (2nd at '06 Jr. Worlds, 5th in '07), along with the 2007 U.S. junior champs, McLaughlin/Brubaker (won JGP Final and '07 Jr Worlds). These 3 teams had qualfiied for the JGP Final in December 2006, along with Paetsch/Nuss (3rd in junior at '07 Nationals and in the JGPF) and Pflumm/Pottenger (4th in junior at '07 Nationals). Paetsch/Nuss, Pflumm/Pottenger and Butler/Jacobsen (2nd in junior at '07 Nationals) all will be back on the JGP this fall.

ETA: I noticed that the article's photo caption has been revised to clarify that they are at the junior level (the article's first paragraph doesn't specify their level): "Figure skaters Kaela Pflumm, 16, and Christopher Pottenger, 20, placed fourth in junior pairs in their first year together at the 2006 U.S. National Figure Skating Championships."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-12-2007 at 01:39 PM.

I'm confused (not unusual). I did see them at Nats last year and was impressed. Side by side, I think they are the height I like to see in Pairs. Now for my confusion. What do they skate this season? Juniors or Seniors?

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Now for my confusion. What do they skate this season? Juniors or Seniors?
    An answer is given in the article. Even though we won't know for sure until the new season gets underway.

Banned
    Well it is unfortunate they did not reach their goal of getting to Junior Worlds then.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    Well it is unfortunate they did not reach their goal of getting to Junior Worlds then.
    Well then, maybe, hopefully they can reach this goal in 2007-08 in their final year of ISU junior age eligibility (and ditto for Butler/Jacobsen and Paetsch/Nuss).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-13-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Well then, maybe, hopefully they can reach this goal in 2007-08 in their final year of ISU junior age eligibility (and ditto for Butler/Jacobsen and Paetsch/Nuss).
    Yeah lets hope they make it this season.