Promising Pair: Pflumm and Pottenger | Golden Skate

Promising Pair: Pflumm and Pottenger

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaela Pflumm, 16, and Christopher Pottenger, 20, placed fourth at the 2006 U.S. National Figure Skating Championships in their first year together after winning the Eastern Sectionals. [More]

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The U.S. sent 2 age-eligible senior pairs from 2007 Nationals, Namiotka/Coughlin (4th at 2006 & 2007 Jr. Worlds) and Moyle/Seitz (2nd at '06 Jr. Worlds, 5th in '07), along with the 2007 U.S. junior champs, McLaughlin/Brubaker (won JGP Final and '07 Jr Worlds). These 3 teams had qualfiied for the JGP Final in December 2006, along with Paetsch/Nuss (3rd in junior at '07 Nationals and in the JGPF) and Pflumm/Pottenger (4th in junior at '07 Nationals). Paetsch/Nuss, Pflumm/Pottenger and Butler/Jacobsen (2nd in junior at '07 Nationals) all will be back on the JGP this fall.

ETA: I noticed that the article's photo caption has been revised to clarify that they are at the junior level (the article's first paragraph doesn't specify their level): "Figure skaters Kaela Pflumm, 16, and Christopher Pottenger, 20, placed fourth in junior pairs in their first year together at the 2006 U.S. National Figure Skating Championships."

Last edited:
I'm confused (not unusual). I did see them at Nats last year and was impressed. Side by side, I think they are the height I like to see in Pairs. Now for my confusion. What do they skate this season? Juniors or Seniors?

Joe

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Well it is unfortunate they did not reach their goal of getting to Junior Worlds then.
Well then, maybe, hopefully they can reach this goal in 2007-08 in their final year of ISU junior age eligibility (and ditto for Butler/Jacobsen and Paetsch/Nuss).

Last edited: