GP Meeting | Golden Skate

GP Meeting

flying camel

Medalist
Isn't that meeting about who gets what in the GPs today? Does anyone think anything will leak out today? How long before we know anything? Are the skaters informed right away what they got? I am so impatient!

Hopefully, some spies on any Board will report a few tidbits. But we'll know the full list in a couple of weeks. The games begin in less than 3 months.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hopefully, some spies on any Board will report a few tidbits. But we'll know the full list in a couple of weeks. The games begin in less than 3 months.

Joe

This is early June, and the GP doesn't start until late October. That's nearly 4 months away. Unless you're referring to the JGP, which starts just before Labor Day.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The ISU Grand Prix Commission meeting was held today in Los Angeles. Assignments for the six events were made at the meeting. Expect to see the announcement for U.S. senior skaters posted at U.S. Figure Skating hopefully by the weeks end.

netnuts

Match Penalty
It's reported that:

Vlassov/Meekins (USA) got Skate Canada
Namiotka/Coughlin got Cup of Russia.
Abbott got Skate Canada and Japan NHK.

Looks to me Vlassov/Meekins only got one event. I believe they got two for the past season.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
It's reported that:

Vlassov/Meekins (USA) got Skate Canada
Namiotka/Coughlin got Cup of Russia.
Abbott got Skate Canada and Japan NHK.
It's been reported on FSU, just to be specific. :)

Both Vlassov/Meekins and Namiotka/Coughlin qualify for one GP assignment initially, but there's always the chance they will receive a 2nd assignment in the future.

I've heard that the ISU will publish the official GP rosters on Friday. Don't know if the USFS site will publish something (U.S. skaters on Skate America roster?) before then.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nothing on the ladies yet. Everyone is wondering about Wagner, Zhang and Hughes.

netnuts

Match Penalty
According to FSU, Kevin Reynolds got SA and Russia and Mira Leung got SA and Trophee Bompard and Sandhu is not on the Circuit....

Looks like Sandhu is demoted by SC.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Sandhu demoted and they give Mira Leung two events? Sure he isn't bailing on his own accord?

passion

On the Ice
I guess Skate Canada did not even submit Sandu's name.

Wow! That must be really disappointing and shocking for Sandhu. And it seems as though Skate Canada has not given up on Mira. Hopefully, she can have a good come back this year after the dismal results last year.

capcomop

Rinkside
It's been reported on FSU, just to be specific. :)

Both Vlassov/Meekins and Namiotka/Coughlin qualify for one GP assignment initially, but there's always the chance they will receive a 2nd assignment in the future.

How will that be determined? On the JGP it was based on their performances at an event but, for example, N/C have Russia and there is only one more GP after that.

bostonskater

Rinkside
It's not like the JGP, where spots are left open in later events to be filled at the discretion of the federations. If someone drops out of a GP event, the host of that event can pick anyone from the top 75 season's best list who only has one event so far. I think that's how it works, anyway. There are politics involved, naturally.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They could get an earlier event if one or more invited team withdraws. There were 24 withdrawals last year in GP Pairs.