GP Meeting | Page 5 | Golden Skate

GP Meeting

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy...aka, Team Ingo ;)

And I think the girl's name in the fourth place pair is actually spelled Volosozhar but I had to go look it up for myself so please don't think I actually knew that off the top of my head, LOL :laugh:

And Joe asked who the top six pairs in the World are so technically, discoduck answered his question correctly giving him the 2007 Worlds results. :)

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I know that the seeds are different for the FP. I thought that he was asking who the top six after worlds are. My apologies for misunderstanding the question.
But I wasn't sure what he was asking so that's why I added the seeded stuff (to cover all possible bases). :laugh: No apology necessary!

P.S. I had to look up the spelling of 'Volosozhar' as well. ;)

Last edited:

discoduck

On the Ice
Oh good! Well hopefully between the two of us, one of us is correct. :laugh:

Thanks Heather for the spelling. I usually just call them Team Ingo anyway. :laugh: I'm horrible at Eastern European names. This is why I follow Chinese pairs..they may be hard to pronounce but I can spell them!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Thanks Heather for the spelling. I usually just call them Team Ingo anyway. :laugh: I'm horrible at Eastern European names. This is why I follow Chinese pairs..they may be hard to pronounce but I can spell them!

LOL!! That's very true. I usually make up names for the harder names but hey, I've been known to make up names for teams with easy spellings to their names too. ;) Geesh, even some of the US pairs/dance teams are starting to have names that I may be able to pronounce but I sure can't spell them! Thank goodness Evora & Ladwig are easy for me to spell or I'd be in trouble, LOL :laugh:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
That's true. Its probably a big reason why we're such good friends...we share a sense of humor, LOL :laugh:

Back on topic, I agree with whoever said that B&A only said no to SA last year because they were on tour for so long and didn't quite have enough time to get ready for the season. Who knows if they do that again this year. I'll tell you right now that personally, I'd be thrilled to see Melissa & Denis, Meryl & Charlie, and Kim & Brent all at SA this fall. That's one heck of a dance lineup IMO. :agree:

My real point of the top Six Pairs Skaters in the World are just in my imagination based on many factors including some to be held up. I was hoping others would add theirs.

Joe