Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New sasha journal!!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

New sasha journal!!

I had this funny feeling this morning i should check her website... i uaully do once every two weeks or so now that she isn't writing much anymore.

http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

she mentions that after her travels to spain that she will begin"training" and "making new programs". For what i wonder? I hope that she writes again soon.

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Hasn't she been saying she was just taking a year off and planning to compete again next season? Because if she wants to get to Worlds 2009 and the Vancouver Olympics, she had better get back into it this year, begining with Nationals I guess. With Kimmie, and the three World Junior medalists moving up to senior (at least Mirai and Ashley, and I'm pretty suer Caroline has the potential to move up) this coming season, Sasha needs to test her skills against theirs...

Kypma

Custom Title
    No, I don't think she's talking that type of competitive programs. The ISU schedule is showing two USFS "invitational" events and I am sure Sasha is planning on taking part in those. She would need some new programs for those.

At this point, Sasha doesn't even have a coach!

Custom Title
    I wonder how Sasha would do against Caroline? If Sasha returns she might not even make the National podium next year. She better hurry and start training.

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    No, I don't think she's talking that type of competitive programs. The ISU schedule is showing two USFS "invitational" events and I am sure Sasha is planning on taking part in those. She would need some new programs for those.

True... and I just remembered, doesn't she choreograph most of her show programs herself, or with her coach's help? I don'T recall her having exhibitions choreographed by the "big names", if I can call them like that.

Kypma

Custom Title
    I don't know about that. Her ribbon program was choreographed by Ekaterina Gordeeva (and I think she helped with a second one, I forget which one), TT choreo'd Romeo and Juliet, My Fair Lady choreo'd by Robin Wagner, and for either GBA or DROMP she used...name escapes me, but he choreo'd a few programs for Michelle, my fave being Hands.

But yes, the majority of her show programs were choreo'd by Sasha and Nicks.

Master Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    Hasn't she been saying she was just taking a year off and planning to compete again next season? Because if she wants to get to Worlds 2009 and the Vancouver Olympics, she had better get back into it this year, begining with Nationals I guess. With Kimmie, and the three World Junior medalists moving up to senior (at least Mirai and Ashley, and I'm pretty suer Caroline has the potential to move up) this coming season, Sasha needs to test her skills against theirs...
    Kypma
    The last Sasha has said about competing is that she wants to come back for the 2008/2009 season. I assume any programs she is thinking about will be exhibitions.

Sasha's journal

I believe Philip Mills choreographed Michelle's Hands program. He might have done some programs for Sasha, but I don't know which ones.

Maureen

What exactly would qualify Sasha to skate in the 2008 or 2009 Nationals?

Can she just submit an application giving past medals as her credentials or would she have to go to Regionals, Sectionals?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    What exactly would qualify Sasha to skate in the 2008 or 2009 Nationals?

Can she just submit an application giving past medals as her credentials or would she have to go to Regionals, Sectionals?

Joe
    I believe there is a rule in place that reigning Olympic Medalists get a bye straight through to nationals by-passing regionals and sectionals. Though someone (either Chuckm or Mafke) on here once corrected me saying that the USFSA would have to vote that rule back in to use it since it is no longer in the rule book...i think was what they said.

Ant

Custom Title
    I thought the new rule was reigning OGM had a bye, and the OM was no longer included. But I could be wrong.

Philip Mills-yes, that's the one! He did some beautiful numbers for Michelle. Was it West Side Story he choreo'd? It was something recent, maybe it was GBA.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post

who says that John Nicks is no longer working with sasha?

Custom Title
    I think many are assuming that because Nicks was semi-retired before taking Sasha back. He wasn't traveling much, or taking on elite skaters. I have a feeling if Sasha comes back, she will be with someone new.

If everything is in order and she goes straight to the Nationals (not passing GO and not collecing 200 bucks), she will skate a very handsome routine in Los Angeles and hope an agent picks her up. Why not?

Maybe they will want to film "The Sonia Henie Story" starring Sasha as Sonia with Robert Duval as her father, and Michael Weiss as Michael Kirby and Johnny Weir as Tyrone Power. Hey, I'd go see that.

Joe

Master Procrastinator
    Maybe I am misremembering here, but didn't Sasha say that when she comes back for 2008-9 she will have to find a coach? I thought I read that in a journal or something. It would have last summer when questions about her future were asked to her.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast