Itunes & Other Site Help | Golden Skate

Itunes & Other Site Help

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Itunes has upgraded and their music downloads are in mp4 format which irritates me because I want mp3s. They said that you cannot convert the format to mp3. They said the workaround is to download the purchased music to a music cd and then upload (import) back to their site to mp3. I also have looked at their discussion boards and found out that the upgrade to 7 something or another is causing all kinds of problems. Thank God I haven't upgraded.

Anyhow, my question is why did they change the format to mp4's?? Does it have to do with Vista??

Are there any other sites that are as good as Itunes and as reasonable, price wise??

The reason I chose Itunes a couple of years ago was that someone said they had the best luck downloading, other sites can cause some problems. I have had good luck using Itunes too.

I would like your recommendation of what to do. I do need a source for downloading music. Thanks.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I don't think it has to due with Vista, but was a part of iTunes. I also have had sites - i.e. mySpace for my "musicians page"- ask for MP3s and had to convert my AAC and MP4 to MP3 via a program called "Switch." I believe just an industry standard change.

MP4, better quality.

yes, but I don't know as if that is going to cure the issue - I would (did) get a converter program.

Again, get a converter program and the issue should be solved. I personally would rather have a better quality recording to start with and downgrade for use elsewhere.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Sean, I knew you would come through for me. :agree: :agree: :laugh::laugh: I guess no one else downloads music.

Any recommendations on a converter (hopefully free??)

I guess what I don't understand is why Itunes doesn't give the option of either Mp3 or 4. I know they probably had to go with one or the other.

Sean, do you have any other place where you purchase music??

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Any recommendations on a converter (hopefully free??)
I use "Switch" - I do not know if they have a Windows version.

I guess what I don't understand is why Itunes doesn't give the option of either Mp3 or 4. I know they probably had to go with one or the other.
I don't really know, but it has more file info, so to go from a "4" to a "3"... ???? Makes sense? I agree they should still provide the choice. ITA

Sometimes I like the "record store" effect and will stop in used stores to throw on some headphones and flirt with people. Other than that... I may have, but nothing I recall.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, you bad boy, I meant on the internet. :laugh::laugh:

Dee