Hoisting the Cup in Anaheim | Golden Skate

Hoisting the Cup in Anaheim

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Okay forget Mickey, the Ducks are in the spotlight tonight as they won the coveted Stanley Cup finals. Once again Lord Stanley's Cup is not heading back to the Canadian side of the boarder - Drats!!! I was cheering for the Ottawa Senators, since the Vancouver Canucks bit the dust as it were. Oh well there is always next year.....

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
Yup. The Sens pretty much hacked up a hairball in the finals. The lone reason I wanted them to win was the sheer torment it would have caused all the Leaf fans! I guess I have a mean streak!

mike79

On the Ice
Anaheim really deserved to win. From the opening game they dominated the entire series. Ottawa just ran into a better team.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Anaheim really deserved to win. From the opening game they dominated the entire series. Ottawa just ran into a better team.

Oh well, theoretically Canada won - the Ducks are all pretty much Canucks - Canadians that is. Some of the guys even played for the Vancouver Canucks at one time - and wanted to return here. They may be living in California, but they will always be Canadian. Lord Stanley would be pleased.

mike79

On the Ice
Oh well, theoretically Canada won - the Ducks are all pretty much Canucks - Canadians that is. Some of the guys even played for the Vancouver Canucks at one time - and wanted to return here. They may be living in California, but they will always be Canadian. Lord Stanley would be pleased.

Too true!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Very happy for the Ducks. First they sent the wings packing, again :)

Second, it was great to see Sellane, the Neidermyer brothers, and Pronger win!

So, Ladskater, if the Sens were to win it, would you disregard the fact that their captain is Sweedish??? This is the NHL. Players hail from all over...

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
I'm still waiting for my beloved Philadelphia Flyers to win the cup again. It's been a long while. I guess making the playoffs next year would be a step in the right direction :laugh:

Tigger

Final Flight
I don't think that's what Lad meant. There are rumblings in certain places from people that once again an American team beat a Canadian one. He was just making a point that in a way, a Canadian team did win the Cup this year.

I am so very happy for the Ducks, but for Teemu Selanne in particular. I've been a fan of his for a very long time and when he lifted the Cup, I started to cry. He's been waiting for so very long for that moment and it is so very much deserved.

BTW....Best headline I saw yesterday was The Toronto Sun...

Scott lifting the Cup taking up the majority of the front page w/this beside it....

Lord (Stanley) Love A Duck!!

Kicking myself now for not picking one up yesterday.

mike79

On the Ice
The only person that I'm not happy for is Pronger. I used to be a big fan of his until the events that transpired last year when he left Edmonton and then when he became a headhunting goon this playoff season. I mean the guy got suspended twice in the playoffs! That's just sad. He's a great player but his reputation is dropping steadily.

In regards to what Lad said she simply meant that most NHL players are Canadian. It's not disregarding anything, it's simply pointing out that the majority of players on all NHL teams are Canadian, so in a way Canadians still won the Stanley Cup.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
In regards to what Lad said she simply meant that most NHL players are Canadian. It's not disregarding anything, it's simply pointing out that the majority of players on all NHL teams are Canadian, so in a way Canadians still won the Stanley Cup.

So Forsburg is really a ....;) I guess we all try to make things "fit" our desires from time to time. Tanith is still Canadian too I 'spose.;)

mike79

On the Ice
So Forsburg is really a ....;) I guess we all try to make things "fit" our desires from time to time. Tanith is still Canadian too I 'spose.;)

:laugh: That pretty much sums it up! It's pretty crazy how much Canadian fans want the Cup back here in Canada.