Americal Idol #4 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Americal Idol #4

J

Jules Asner

Re: NO F R E N C H I E

I think the wild card show (TONIGHT!!) will be the best. I do not want Kimberly Caldwell - I think she is a Melissa Ethridge wanna be and a bit too phony-nice for my taste. If she's a biatch, be a biatch, don't try to throw on the niceness for our benefit, its tacky. Clay seems nice and has a good voice but he does not have the "look" or a pop voice - I'd tell him to train for broadway as he would fit in better in that arena. I am hoping some of the comebacks will bring us something new. So far there is nobody in this final 10 who compares to Tamyra for overall showmanship or with Kelly's voice.

I think the judges realize that this season the audience is voting with them, rather against them, in the hopes of a better final 10 than last season, so that is probably why the judges applauded Corey so much, they want him in the final 10 - he has an original look about him and they could make him into a pop star. I think the judges will be pushing for Caldwell and Alison Cooney if they have good performances tonight. In fact, I think they'd prefer 2 more women in the group over any of the guys.

Overall, it's painful to watch how these kids react to criticism, even when its constructive and followed by something positive. Half of them don't even realize when something is a compliment. If one of the judges tells them "you're not a pop star, you should try something like broadway musicals instead" that is not an insult, its just truthful advice.

That girl who sang the "for the children" song was awful, she wasn't just yelling the song, she was totally off key. The pretty girl will probalby get a role on a soap opera or the next 90210 type show.