Paris Hilton Imprisoned in Her Own Home | Golden Skate

Paris Hilton Imprisoned in Her Own Home

How horrible it must be for her but much better than jail. I wonder if the Sheriff got paid ffor this?

Can she serves drinks around the pool when friends drop in?

Will Mothers Against Drunk Driving forgive her?

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess my first thought was what has our justice system come to.:mad: :mad:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am dumbfounded on this, gets reduced from 40+ days to 20+ days, spends 2-3 days and goes home for a "medical condition." ???? What?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am dumbfounded on this, gets reduced from 40+ days to 20+ days, spends 2-3 days and goes home for a "medical condition." ???? What?

Pathetic, isn't it? Where's the justice? :no::frown::disapp:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but seriously, who cares? We have a president who just nominated the operator of a "reprogramming center" for gay teens as Surgen General, a death toll of over 3500 in Iraq, tremendous poverty, New Orleanes STILL in chao, serious national health care issues and the two most boring teams in the NBA playing for the championship - why all the press on Hilton?

Did you seriously believe that she'd actually do the whole 23 days? And since when did bad behaviour by the rich & famous become a new thing? And when did we start believing that the justice system was fair? Life isn't fair. C'mon people - I refuse to believe THIS is important...

I think the whole thing is a TV reality show that they didn't tell us about. They slipped it in on us between The Bachelor XVI: Young Cuties Versus Old Hags and Anna Nicole's Baby Burps.

Next week we can vote the sheriff off the island.

Kwanfanwife - I agree with your post 200 per cent but there is a principle here wihich should not be overlooked. (The prez gets away with his thoughtless actions).

Do you think any black drunk driver who is pulled over in LA for DUI several times before and sentenced to jail for 6 months and license taken away be allowed to wear the anklet bracelet at home in lieu of the sentence?

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IAnd when did we start believing that the justice system was fair? Life isn't fair. C'mon people - I refuse to believe THIS is important...
I think Tinkerbell missed her, that's who cares.

Dee

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Kwanfanwife - I agree with your post 200 per cent but there is a principle here wihich should not be overlooked. (The prez gets away with his thoughtless actions).

Do you think any black drunk driver who is pulled over in LA for DUI several times before and sentenced to jail for 6 months and license taken away be allowed to wear the anklet bracelet at home in lieu of the sentence?

Joe

Heck no! In LA a black drunk driver gets beat down ala Rodney King... which is nothing to make light of and I understand that... I guess my position is that with all the other things going on in this country at this very moment, I don't understand why this is the hottest topic of the day... Its just a little harder to stomach...

Further - why her? If we say that its important for the rich & famous to be held accountable like everybody else, why aren't the rest in jail? Where's the cell holding Mel Gibson, Lindsey Lohan, Michelle Rodriquez or DMX? Why aren't Brandy and that curly haired girl from 90210 in jail? They actually killed people! And please don't EVEN get me started on OJ, Robert Blake & Phil Specter... Is it more about her being rich & famous for being rich & famous or something else I'm missing. If we're gonna be outraged by one, be outraged by all...

To me, what is outrageous is not so much that rich people have privileges (duh!). It is that over the last few years there has emerged a pubic attitude of, yes, I'm a privileged person, you are a peon, if you don't like it, tough nuggies.

Dick Cheney says flat out, ha, ha, suckers, I'm siphoning off a billion dollars a month from the Iraq War into the pockets of Halliburton. You don't like it? Tough nuggies.

George Bush says, "ha ha, suckers, there weren't any weapons of mass destuction. Ha, ha, suckers, there wasn't any connection between Iraq and Al Qaeda. Ha, ha, suckers, I have sent 3000 American soldiers to their deaths and guess what? Next month I'm going to send thousands more. You don't like it? Write to your congressman. :rofl::rofl::rofl:"

Heck no! In LA a black drunk driver gets beat down ala Rodney King... which is nothing to make light of and I understand that... I guess my position is that with all the other things going on in this country at this very moment, I don't understand why this is the hottest topic of the day... Its just a little harder to stomach..
Why then, do you bother with figure skating with all those things going on in the world? Not everyone has your "I Don't Care" attitude. Sharpton is sharp on this sort of thing. Also we do not control the media hype.

Further - why her? If we say that its important for the rich & famous to be held accountable like everybody else, why aren't the rest in jail? Where's the cell holding Mel Gibson, Lindsey Lohan, Michelle Rodriquez or DMX? Why aren't Brandy and that curly haired girl from 90210 in jail? They actually killed people! And please don't EVEN get me started on OJ, Robert Blake & Phil Specter... Is it more about her being rich & famous for being rich & famous or something else I'm missing. If we're gonna be outraged by one, be outraged by all...
This topic discusses Sentencing for wealthy and not on making a verdict of a crime. That's done by a jury.
The media has had a field day with the names you mentioned, but have any of them been found gulty of something? When that happens, let'ssee what the sentencing is.

The attention this topic is getting is because it is perceived as a bash of the Justice System. Hilton is just a player in that but she plays an important role because she is rich and she has been let out of prison before serving her time.
There's a lot of questions this brings up. Can a middle class black lady have one two many and drive a little on the tipsy side, get arrested, tried and sentenced to jail, then go home to serve out her sentence? You tell me.

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Well, Paris is being dragged back to court -- and may get sent back to jail -- and both the judge and the LA Attorney want to have the Sheriff held in contempt for releasing her. After all, the court explicitly prohibited house arrest; if there were problems (medical condition; the press; etc.), Sheriff Baca should have filed the appropriate paperwork to ask the judge to modify the order.

Edited to add: She actually did get sent back to jail!

That the original 45 day sentence meant she would not have to serve more than 25 days is not the result of a reduction or anything like that; it is simply the credit for time served combined with a likely early release for overcrowding that gets lots of people who are poor and/or members of minority groups out early, also.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Why then, do you bother with figure skating with all those things going on in the world? Not everyone has your "I Don't Care" attitude. Sharpton is sharp on this sort of thing. Also we do not control the media hype.

This topic discusses Sentencing for wealthy and not on making a verdict of a crime. That's done by a jury.
The media has had a field day with the names you mentioned, but have any of them been found gulty of something? When that happens, let'ssee what the sentencing is.

The attention this topic is getting is because it is perceived as a bash of the Justice System. Hilton is just a player in that but she plays an important role because she is rich and she has been let out of prison before serving her time.
There's a lot of questions this brings up. Can a middle class black lady have one two many and drive a little on the tipsy side, get arrested, tried and sentenced to jail, then go home to serve out her sentence? You tell me.

Joe

I bother with figure skating because I'm a fan... and you misunderstand - I don't care about Paris Hilton - because I don't have enough time to care - skating is one of my few personal pleasures that doesn't include work, family, little kid soccer or shoes... What I do care about is family, work, little kid soccer, friends, politics and shoes... but to each their own.

And since many of my friends and all of my family are young & middle class black ladies who have, on occassion, been pulled over after a "good night out" and two have actually received DUIs and have yet to spend a night in jail - I'm not too quick to jump on the "if she were black..." band wagon.

As for the other celebrities... let's break it down:

DMX has had approximately 10 arrests for driving on a suspended license - twice with pot in the car. Total jail time: one week

Michelle Rodriquez: Two convictions of DUI - Total jail time: 2 nights

Curly Haired Girl from 90201: Involuntary Manslauter conviction after killing a kid w/ her SUV - loss control picking up her cell phone. No jail time

Brandy: Accident involving her cellphone, killed 32 year old single mother who worked as a waitress - no felony charges.

All I'm saying is why her? What made the above more deserving of celebrity treatment? Is it a thing with the judge? As for the judiciary system - is this the best example of judicial misjustice? Does this trump innocent people sitting on death row? Get mad about that...

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Paris Hilton

Why? Perhaps someone finally, in this case the judge, is fed up with her. She acts like a little spoiled brat who has no regard for the law or others for that matter. If I were the judge I would have put her in with the general jail population and let the little socialite fend for herself.

I guess her "medical emergency" was reported to be a nervous condition. Poor little darling. They should have shoved a chill pill down her throat and called it day. No sympathy from me for this little prima donna.

Remember, if this happened to one of us, we would get NO special treatment.

It's about time a judge made the right decision. I just hope he sticks with it.

Dizzy

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
To me, what is outrageous is not so much that rich people have privileges (duh!). It is that over the last few years there has emerged a pubic attitude of, yes, I'm a privileged person, you are a peon, if you don't like it, tough nuggies.
Yes I think that is the real point here.
George Bush says, "ha ha, suckers, there weren't any weapons of mass destuction.
W.M.D.s now stands for Weapons of Mass Delusion.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Poor thing!!!! I hope her thumbs don't get tired from running her tv remote!!! At least Martha Stewart had enough integrity to serve her sentence in the "slammer." Go Martha.

:biggrin:

well, she's back in the clinker.

I care, and I'm glad she's back there. Not being a caring person, people will walk all over you.

Joe

nubka

Final Flight
well, she's back in the clinker.

I care, and I'm glad she's back there. Not being a caring person, people will walk all over you.

Joe

I'm glad she went back, too, but mostly I'm glad because now you can get off of your soap box and stop preaching, lol!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Why watch E when you have Golden Skate?:agree::laugh:

Anybody hear what the "medical condition" was?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
The head Dr. said he thought she was going to have a nervous breakdown.
Sure could use some of the dough these people obviously got for all that. What a mess.
Actually, there really is no such thing as a nervous breakdown.