Paris Hilton Imprisoned in Her Own Home | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Paris Hilton Imprisoned in Her Own Home

bronxgirl

Medalist
There are people with AIDS, cancer, schizophrenia and a host of other quite serious medical conditions in jails and prisons across the country. Paris Hilton at least will know that she can afford the best possible treatment for whatever her condition is when she is released, as compared to many of these inmates, especially those with mental illness.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
All this crying, etc. is just a put on to make it look like she's having her nervous breakdown. Maybe she should have been an actress - NOT!!!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
All this crying, etc. is just a put on to make it look like she's having her nervous breakdown. Maybe she should have been an actress - NOT!!!
For what it's worth, I am sure the tears are sincere. I mean, let's face it - prison is not a nice place to be for anyone, let alone for a spoiled princess like Paris. Which does not mean that she should not serve her sentence.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I give big kudos to the judge. I would imagine the Hilton's could make life miserable for him if they wanted to. I would hope as parents they would see that this could be a growing experience for their daughter if she wants to see it that way.

Dee

I don't think mommy and daddy Hilton are big on growing experiences for their daughter. Where have they been the last 26 years?

The thing that galls me about the whole episode is that no one is embarrassed, no one is ashamed, no one is sorry, no one feels her conduct fell short of acceptable standards ( = standards for other people). Ms. Hilton couldn't be bothered to read the conditions of her probation because she "has people to do that for her." When they let her go home, her first announcement was that she would have a party.

Just for that, I am going to stop staying at Hilton hotels! :yes:

PS. I just had a horrible thought. Does the Hilton empire own Motel 6?

Actually, though, I bet Brandy, Lindsay Lohan, and the others are real mad at Paris. Now, because of all this bad publicity, they won't be able to get off just by writing a check.

heyang

Record Breaker
I hate to lump Brandy in with the group. She doesn't have the party girl rep of Lindsay, Paris and Britney.

From what I read about the Brandy accident, there are a lot of accidents that happen in that area because of the way it is contructed. She should 'pay' for being the cause of the accident. Based on what I've read, her accident was something that could have happened to just about any of us.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/24/brandy-causes-fatal-car-crash/

Just wouldn't lump her in with the other irresponsible girls.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I wonder; if Michelle Kwan was pulled over for drunk driving, wouldn't we all be screaming for leniency?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think mommy and daddy Hilton are big on growing experiences for their daughter. Where have they been the last 26 years?
What do you do after they turn 21?? I guess I thought that maybe what the parents couldn't do.... the judge is doing it for them. They should actually shake the man's hand.

Dee

I wonder; if Michelle Kwan was pulled over for drunk driving, wouldn't we all be screaming for leniency?
That's the whole point. If Michelle Kwan slipped up and got in trouble, she would be contrite. She would feel embarrassed at having let down thousands of young people that look up to her. She would be ashamed of having dishonored her family.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Both Petrenko and Yagudin have had their DUI's. I recall many people on the boards thinking the law was too lenient for them (they both got away pretty easy; I think Petrenko had to go to some classes or something, they both obviously fulfilled all conditions they had to).

Kwan wouldn't drive drunk in the first place. She wouldn't violate probation if she did. She's just an entirely different class of person.

I do feel bad for the poor little rich girl, and hope she is learning from this painful experience. (Even though her mature-sounding statements are probably written by her publicists.) It's too bad she had to be isolated because meeting some of the other inmates might have been good for her (better than solitary confinement, at the least).

Too bad there's no interest in the thousands of inmates in this country with truly unjust sentences.

philton1ab

Spectator
OMG Mathman! HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WHO R U KIDDING!

U JOKSTER!!!!!!!!!

who was that? when did that happen? another injustice

Well, just as I expected. Now that Paris is safely back in jail and off the front pages, the lead story on Entertainment Tonight this evening was, "New pictures of Anna Nicole Smith's baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, just as I expected. Now that Paris is safely back in jail and off the front pages, the lead story on Entertainment Tonight this evening was, "New pictures of Anna Nicole Smith's baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
She's safely back in a prison hospital. That's a big difference from prison. She now has her driver license back and she'll be out next week - a free woman! Oooh how she suffered.

Joe