12. Karademis

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Ladies- S. Canada

1. Carter
2. Hawker
3. Phaneuf
4. Rochette
(4 reps from canada? i thought only a max of 3 reps per country is allowed)
5. Hegel
6. Drei
7. Mao Asada
(i'm not playing faves by giving mao's first name, it's because here sister is in the GP series too and i can't use M. Asada. lol. same initials.)
8. Nakano
9. Takeda
10. Hughes
11. OSter
12. Wagner
(i guess emily wants to get skating in the GP over with as soon as she can)

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Ladies- CoC

1. Xu
2. Fang
3. TBA-from CHN
4. Poykio
5. Sebestyen
6. Costner
7. Suguri
8. Kim
9. Martinova
10. Czizny
11. Liang
12. Zhang

(it seems to me that this is the best line up. suguri. kim. costner. bam. i'm there)

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Ladies- TeB

1. Leung
2. Fang
(is it just me who's surprised that both of china's entries got TWO events? geo-politics in skating, that's why i love it!)
3. Glebova
4. Calvez
5. C. Didier
6. G. Didier
7. Mao Asada
8. Sawada
9. Meissner
(same events for kimmie last year. she could get a silver here:clap:)
10. Wagner
11. Meier
12. Marchei

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Ladies-CoR
1. Rochette
2. Liu
3. Korpi
4. Wiezcorek
5. Sebestyen
6. Nakano
7. SUguri
8. Kim
9. Doronina
10. Ievleva
11. Martinova
12. Liang
(bebe got 2 events. good for her!:laugh:)

zephyrskates

On the Ice
Ladies- NHK

1. Hawker
2. Liu
3. Poykio
4. Gedevashnivili
5. Costner
6. Ando
(wow, I expected NHK to choose asada over ando)
7. Sawada
8. Takeda
9. Kim
10. Meier
11. Czisny
12. Oster

zephyrskates

On the Ice
some thoughts:
zhang is doing the senior GP. how well do u think can she perform?
the strongest contingent for the US seems to be on the first few events, while the depth of the japanese team is so evident that in any given event they could get a medal.
kimmie i think has a good chance of making the finals this year, although she will go up against asada and ando.
where's katy taylor??
what happened to poykio?? why did she get only one assignment.
kim and suguri will go up against each other on both of their events. that willbe awesome..

now for my predictions.
S. Am
Gold- Meissner
Silver- Ando
Bronze- Zhang
(i'm too patriotic. kimmie will be back this season w/o the 3a, i guess, but with her jumps and a better artistry. ando will do one of her two meltdowns this season on S. Am's short and zhang will dazzle in the long)

S. Can
Gold- Asada
Silver- Rochette
Bronze- Nakano
(three 3a in the LP, 2 from asada and 1 from nakano, rochette barely beats nakano due to her solid SP and magnificent LP. )

CHN
Gold- Kim
Silver- Suguri
Bronze- Costner
(kim and suguri will perform 2 solid and clean perfromances. suguri edges out costner by a few on her artistry. zhang falters on her SP and takes 4th)

TEB
Gold- Asada
Silver- Meissner
Bronze- Meier
(no big surprises here. wagner takes fourth)

CoR
Gold- Kim
Silver- Rochette
Bronze- Suguri
(Rochette is back, suguri could have taken silver but she made a minor mistake on her jumping pass maybe doubling a triple that cost her.)

NHK
Gold- Ando
Silver- Gedevashnivili
Bronze- Costner
(Ando skates clean programs,while gedevashnivili beats costner on the LP with two 3-3 combos.)

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
I really don't like the dance draw :cry: I can't believe that no german team was invited.

If the seasons best score list is the baseline how come the chinese team on # 59 and the french team on # 70 gets two events and the german team whos # 39 didn't get any. :scowl:

I really hope there are a few withdrawls and more teams get a first assignment!

In my opinion, Ando is the weakest of the three Worlds Podium skaters.With a win in SA, and a silver in Paris, Kimmie may well be on her way to the Finals. Kimmie is a tough cookie and I think she will be putting multiple triples in the last minute of her LP. Of course, there is the debut of Zhang. She's good. She's cool. She's a threat to everyone.

How will Marchei v. Hughes go? A bronze medal could be important if any of the top 3 falter..

Joe

flying camel

Medalist
How does Oster get two events? I was hoping Khale would get something. That just does not seem fair but maybe Oster will make the most of her assignments. So, Katy Taylor didn't get anything. That interesting. Looks like Zhang & Wagner are being pushed to the front. Why doesn't the US have 2 entries for COR?
Sandu is not on the list!!!

Last edited:
Skate Canada: Carter is Australian. No? 3 Americans? I think Joannie could beat Yukari. No problem with gold for Mao. Most interesting: Ashley Wagner in her debut. And the very beautiful Megan Oster

Cup of China: 3 Americans again? Glad to see my Bebe in there, but with Mao and Carolina battling it out, I think she'll be out of luck with Fumie and Caroline Z.

Eric Bombparde: It's Mao's to lose. Can Kimmie win over Sawada? Thiscould be a very important venue for her to reach the Finals. Can either Marchei, Meier, Wagner get a bronze?

Cup of Russia : Very important for Joannie in a venue with only Kim to worry about. Can Fumie still hold on? Bebe, the sole American here to make a statement. I hope.
NKH: Now Kostner has Ando to deal with. She never got Mao so I think she will make the Finals. Alissa Czisny could get a bronze here if she plays her cards right. Another venue for the lovely Megan Oster.

The Finals My christal ball tells me it will be Mao, Kim, Ando, Meissner, Kostner, and up for grabs sixth.

Joe

netnuts

Match Penalty
caroline zhang

Just as I predicted, Caroline Zhang got Cup of China and Skate America.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Well I don't know about everyone else...but the list for Skate America is very exciting. The women's competition should be very exciting wih Meissner, Zhang, Hughes, Karademir, Ando, Gedevanishvili and Korpi.

The men's draw is good wiht Evan, Daisuke and Alban. Taht shoudl be interesting.

The pairs draw is kid of lame...but some of my favorites are going to be there so that's ok. I am looking foward to seeing Pang and Tong and Nam and Leftheris in person.

The dance is exciting too. Surprised to see Belbin and Agosto so early. But they ahve a good chance of winning. Also excited to see Davis and White becuase they were exciting to see on television during Nationals.

So....overall I am happy that I will be going to Skate America this year.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Great to see Stephane with such easy assignements. At Cup of China he only has Lysacek and Weir to beat, and Cup of Russia only Buttle and Weir. Piece of cake.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
SA men's event promises entertainment galore -- Bradley, Preaubert, and Lysacek -- showmen, all three of them.