Halverson Looks Toward 2007-08 Season | Golden Skate

Halverson Looks Toward 2007-08 Season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eliot Halverson is coming off his most successful year of skating in his young career. Not only did the 16 year-old best a stellar ... [More]

Angelluv

Rinkside
Thank you for posting that. I have watched Eliot since he was a novice. I am amazed at his artistry and technique. He is very refreshing to watch. He reminds me of Johnny. It's also good to hear how he values education and plans to stay around until 2014. :thumbsup:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thanks for this informative article! :rock: I first saw Eliot Halverson skate in person at the Intermediate level and have been following his progress with much interest.

Halverson has written a very personal and eloquent account of his 2007 Junior Worlds experience in his June 9th journal entry on his official site. IMO, he touchingly wears his emotions on his sleeve, especially if you compare his description of the "high" of his 2007 Spokane Nationals winning experience with his "low" moments at Junior Worlds.

Here's the thread in Announcements with the link to Halverson's journal (called "Notebook") on his official site: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16836

Kypma

Final Flight
His site comes up blank for me... I have the yellow and blue backgrounds, and that's it.... Anyone have tips on how to fix this? I tried the link here in the forum, and also through FSO, and neither works.

Kypma

It's working fine for me. You could try checking your firewall and security settings for your browser (java script on, accept cookies, etc.). ?

His name gets to me. You would think he is a Scandinavian descent but when you see him, he looks more like a Latino. Nevertheless, he is a good junior skater that has time to develop into a great senior skater. I think he will.

Joe

LizzieBeth

Rinkside
His site comes up blank for me... I have the yellow and blue backgrounds, and that's it.... Anyone have tips on how to fix this? I tried the link here in the forum, and also through FSO, and neither works.

Kypma

I have the same problem, too. And it is the only site I have not been able to read. It's been happening since I first tried to open the site months ago. Very strange.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
His name gets to me. You would think he is a Scandinavian descent but when you see him, he looks more like a Latino.
Well, that's because he IS Latino, as the article says -- Eliot was born in Colombia and adopted by a family in Minnesota, a state that is populated with many folks of Scandinavian descent ;)).

I've let "FSOWebmaster" know about the site viewing problems that some of you have (you might want to send a PM directly to "FSOWebmaster" yourselves).

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I hope Eliot will be just as successful as the 2006 Olympic bronze medalist Evan Lysacek.

feraina

Record Breaker
Hum, I wish Evan was as successful as getting a 2006 Olympics bronze medal. :laugh: He placed 4th.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Yeah, everybody knows that. But Brian Murphy from TwinCitiescom doesn't.

Kypma

Final Flight
I have the same problem, too. And it is the only site I have not been able to read. It's been happening since I first tried to open the site months ago. Very strange.

Did you finally manage to get to the website? I contacted Eliot's webmaster, but neither of us got anywhere. I received all the links on Eliot's webpage, but they still all come up blank for me...

Kypma

The American Junior Men are all very special and Eliot is right up there with the elite. It will be another interesting JGP and a heartbreaking Nationals for those who do not podium.

btw, last year's Russian Nationals on IceNetwork showed some very talented young Men besides Griazev, Lutain, and Dobrin. I wonder if some of them will be in Junior Men?

Joe

LizzieBeth

Rinkside
Did you finally manage to get to the website? I contacted Eliot's webmaster, but neither of us got anywhere. I received all the links on Eliot's webpage, but they still all come up blank for me...

Kypma

No luck for me either. I've never been able look at it. And this is the only problem of this type that I have had.

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
I am still looking into fixing the problems with Eliot's Web site so that everyone can fully enjoy it. However, no one seems to know what the exact problem is with the page so it's a rather slow process trying to troubleshoot some different things until it works. Anyone who is having problems, please contact me at http://www.figureskatersonline.com/designers_jamie.html and tell me which browser type and version you're using. Thank you!