Lost Lydia | Golden Skate

Lost Lydia

D

DORISPULASKI

Lost Lydia

Lydia the tattoed lady, our 20 yr old silver and black tiger striped cat, passed away from her second stroke today. Even though, maybe especially because she was such an old kitty, we are missing her terribly. She has been part of us for so long. dpp

R

RealtorGal

Re: Lost Lydia

<span style="color:navy;font-family:helvetica;font-size:small;">Doris, I am SO sorry for your loss. Having lost Punzie this week, I know how much losing a pet hurts. My thoughts and prayers are with you.</span>

A

Aloft02

I am so sorry for both of you. I still mourn my Alaskan Malamute from 10 years ago, a very special guy, so I know exactly how you feel. Big ((hugs)) to you both. ~Sharon~

D

dlksk8fan

Doris- so sorry to hear of the passing of your kitty.

S

shadair

I, too, am sorry about the loss of your cat. I still think about my cat I lost about 12 years ago. They are very much part of the family.

G

GoldenLady1

Doris, I am so very sorry to hear about Lydia... I know from experience just how horribly painful that is; our pets are truly family members, and are loved - and missed - just the same.

RealtorGal, Im really sorry to hear about your loss as well.

My thoughts are with both of you. Please take care.

E

eliza88

Doris, I am so sorry to hear about Lydia. I really enjoyed reading your story about her...always nice to hear about a cat rescued and then lives happily for many more years. I was telling my 8-year old daughter about "Lydia's Story" the other day, she was touched by the rescued cat who was now 20...my thoughts are with you...

All these pets dying, it is so sad. I guess the one benefit of living longer than your pets is that you are able to love and enjoy many of them during your lifetime...each unique, each carrying lasting memories...

eliza88

G

guinevere

Lost Lydia

I know I'm new on the board, but Doris I am very sorry for your loss, and RealorGal for yours as well.

My cat Veruca is 13 - I hope we are lucky enough to have 7 more years together! - but the devastation I felt when she was lost for 3 days a few years ago has tipped me off that I'll be a wreck whenever it's time to say goodbye.

Peace and well wishes to you both.

guinevere

D

DORISPULASKI

Thanks to all of you...your sympathy really helps. dpp

S

Show 42

Doris, I am a huge cat-lover....I really know how you feel...so sorry.........42

L

Lcp88

Sorry Doris:( , i have cats too, and just lost one about a year ago. I know how hard it is. Was she at home or the vet when she passed?
Laura

D

DORISPULASKI

She was at the vets. She had the stroke a week ago, but since it was the second stroke, there was too much brain damage, and we had to have her put to sleep. She couldn't walk. After the 1st stroke she got the ability to walk back, but this time she didn't, and would keep walking in confused very tight circles, tripping over her paws every few steps.
dpp

G

Grgranny

Doris, so sorry to hear (or read) you lost your pet and the others who have lost theirs. I think we lost 5 dogs over the years. Never had a cat. It really is heartbreaking. Hope you're feeling better by now. It takes time.

R

rgirl181

Doris,
So sorry to hear that Lydia died. What a life she had; I'm glad you wrote about her. When they get that disabled, it's so sad. You don't want to see them suffer but you don't want to see them go either. I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but you were lucky to have a cat with Lydia's personality and love for 20 years. Some friends gave me a kitten in college and this cat and I just never connected. He was a cat, that's it. Among the many other cats we had, a few had personalities that made you feel as if they could really read your mind, as if they were talking to you. Clearly Lydia was the latter and that's a special thing to have had in your life. It doesn't make it any easier when they pass on, though. I'm so sorry.
Rgirl

S

sk8rvet

so sorry

So sorry to hear of the passing of your precious Lydia. I have had many pet kitties throughout the years and know what special angels they are in our lives. My thoughts are with you.

M

megsk8z

Re: so sorry

I know how hard it is to lose a beloved kitty. You have my sympathy.
We have 3 in our house and my mother has 2, so it's a lot of cats. Our oldest is 13 and our youngest is 2. We've lost some kitties over the years to old age (Pink was 21, but her brother Floyd only lived to be 15). I always miss the ones that are gone, no matter whether I have new ones or not.
You can never replace an old cat in your heart, but over the years I have tried to look on the demise of one cat as a chance to go to the Humane Society to give another cat a chance at a good life. I think my past kitties would appreciate my honoring their memory that way and I know it makes me feel a whole lot better.