Non-Reality Shows | Golden Skate

Non-Reality Shows

J

Jules Asner

Non-Reality Shows

I don't watch many but these are the ones I'd recommend.

<strong>Gilmore Girls</strong> - a family show, lots of good wholesome fun.
<strong>Will & Grace</strong> - if you haven't watched it, you are missing one of the funniest shows on TV. Don't worry, you can catch the repeats which are on twice a day monday - friday and the new shows air on thursday nights.

new show: <strong>A.U.S.A</strong>.- It's a new comedy on NBC - I caught bits of it and it wasn't bad at all - great character development in the first episode.

R

RealtorGal

Re: Non-Reality Shows

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">My new favorite shows are "American Dreams" (I love nostalgia shows) and "Alias" (it helps fill the void left when "La Femme Nikita" got cancelled). It's been a long time since I found a TV show I could enjoy--what a relief to find these two! I also love the fact that A&E is broadcasting "Midsommer Murders" every Monday night! What a treat!</span>

S

sk8ing lady2001

How about the classic comedy known as "Happy Days"? :)

G

guinevere

Non-reality shows

I'm fond of CSI (the original one) and ER - although for the latter it's generally to gape at how a great show has turned to sap.

I like Boomtown, but it hasn't been on for a few weeks - it's not cancelled is it?

There was a great show this season called Robbery Homicide Division, but it was cancelled after like 5 episodes, boo hoo.

Old shows: I was addicted to Homicide: Life on the Streets back in the day

guinevere

G

GoldenLady1

Non-Reality Shows

Angie, I love Happy Days too. :)

As for current shows, I enjoy The Guardian - though (for anyone else here who also watches it) I thought the ending to this weeks episode was nasty. :(

D

DORISPULASKI

Current
JAG, Law and Order in all its 3 guises, NYPD Blue

Old shows:
L.A. Law, Cheers, MASH, All in the Family

S

Show 42

My current favs are: "The Practice", "Judging Amy",
"Ed", "E.R.", and "John Doe". My favorite oldies include "L.A. Law", "Hill Street Blues", "Mash", and "Medicine Woman"....42

G

Grgranny

Funny, I was just thinking the other day about starting a topic of what tv shows people like. There just aren't that many shows on right now that suit me. I like Touched by an Angel, Judging Amy, Wheel of Fortune. I just wish the shows like Judging Amy didn't have so much "naughty" stuff.
I did always like Happy Days really well. Of course, if you knew me you would know I loved the Waltons, 8 is Enough, Golden Girls, Designing Women, Cosby, People are Funny. I do like America's Funniest Videos. I really liked Medicine Woman. I don't like anything with violence or something like E R as it is just too graphic for me. I did like L A Law and Providence. I never did like Shirley & LaVerne. I love I Love Lucy. I thought the movie The Long Long Trailer with Lucy & Dezi was hilarious, especially since we had long long trailers. :lol: I'll have to admit to a couple of soaps, Guiding Light and As The World Turns. Lately, haven't seen them much. I tape them and then never watch them and tape over them. I listened to Guiding Light on the radio before there was television. I started watching American Dreams but never could get past the plastic looking mother. :eek:
Seems as if I end up watching a lot of reruns of those old shows.

A

AY2006

"Gilmore Girls - a family show, lots of good wholesome fun."

Is it just me, or does Alexis Bledel look like Sasha Cohen?

My current favorite is "Smallville." #1 reason for watching that show: Kristin Kreuk.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">I like the golden oldies, too! Reruns of I Love Lucy, Golden Girls, Cheers, Designing Women, Matlock, Diagnosis Murder, Murder She Wrote are my faves.</span>

K

KwanFan1212

I think my two can't-miss-or-I-will-go-crazy shows are Alias and Third Watch. I have been into both since they started and I just adore them! Great action, great characters, and some cute hottie guys too. Can't beat that! LOL :lol: I also watch Friends, ER, W&G, 7th Heaven, Boomtown (not cancelled but was on hold while NBC was showing Kingpin which I checked out a bit and it wasn't too bad), and My Wife and Kids.

Oldies but goodies: Golden Girls, Family Ties, Growing Pains, LA Law, Hunter, Empty Nest, and Sisters. Anyone else remember when Saturday night on NBC was the great night of TV to watch?! :rollin:

S

shadair

I love the old shows. Cheers, Newhart, Wonder Years, Andy Griffith are some our favorite classic shows. My kids also got us addicted to Mystery Science Theater 3000.

G

GoldenLady1

Are there any other Trekkies out there, by any chance? I never was one, but have recently begun watching some of the re-runs (they're on all the time). My favourite series right now is Voyager.

K

Kara Bear

hey, i'm a closet trekkie. My fav is the enterprise. Jean-Luc is so sexy...heehee. My dad and I used to watch the show together when it was new...watching the rereuns brings back memories. I couldn't get into the newer ones. Voyager was ok...but Deep Space Nine sucked.

I like the Gilmore Girls too. But the time always seems to be changing. I can never remeber when its on. And now that I think about it, Alexis does look like Sasha. Another Sasha look-a-like for the list.:)

K

KwanFan1212

Another ST fan checking in...LOL :lol: I was VERY into ST:TNG but never got into DS9 or Voyager and don't get UPN anymore to even know if I would like Enterprise. :( I was and still am a big fan of TNG though. I loved that series. The people were all great in it. I loved Worf (and I cautiously admit to my huge crush on Wil Wheaton...:eek: )! :lol: It sucked SO bad when they took it off the air. I wish I could get the DVDs of that series but they are SO expensive that I can't afford it right now. I hope the price goes down sometime soon. :eek: But yeah, count me in as another Trekkie. :D

Heather <><

D

DORISPULASKI

Desperately embarrassed that I forgot to list Star Trek, especially the original series, which being old, I got to see when it was new. It was the event of the week! And then I got to watch it all over again with my kids, and they love it too.
dpp

G

GoldenLady1

Star Trek

Glad to hear there are other Star Trek fans out there! :) I'm going to start a new thread about it, since there are probably a lot more who didn't see it buried here.

Kara Bear, I know what you mean about Jean Luc. ;) I agree about DS9, too; I've seen the odd episode that I've enjoyed, but in general I really don't care for that series at all.

I'm enjoying TNG more and more as time goes on.

J

Jules Asner

Re: Star Trek

old favorites of mine are: Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier, Strangers With Candy (was on comedy central briefly), little house on the prairie (the early years), family ties, the dukes of hazzard, st. elsewhere, fame.