Custom title | Golden Skate

Custom title

discoduck

On the Ice
How do I change my custom title? I tried to go under the control panel but I can't find it. Can anyone help me?

It should go like this: User control panel (user CP at top left of page) -> Edit profile (menu on left) -> Custom User Title (scroll down to second item, right below email and password).

If you can't see this item, let me know. :)

Alsace

On the Ice
Well, I'm trying to change my custom title without success. Because the drop-down menu requires a choice, the software keeps complaining that I entered an invalid birthday, even if I try to tell it to hide the birthday. Any suggestions (besides letting anyone know my birthday!)?

DaveT

On the Ice
It should go like this: User control panel (user CP at top left of page) -> Edit profile (menu on left) -> Custom User Title (scroll down to second item, right below email and password).

If you can't see this item, let me know. :)

I don't have that item when I go there, I see email and password, then date of birth.

I don't have that item when I go there, I see email and password, then date of birth.
You have to have 100 posts. When you get 100 posts the little title under your name should automatically change from "on the ice" to "custom title." Then everything should work.

Well, I'm trying to change my custom title without success. Because the drop-down menu requires a choice, the software keeps complaining that I entered an invalid birthday, even if I try to tell it to hide the birthday. Any suggestions (besides letting anyone know my birthday!)?
I will check on this. When you registered, did you enter an impossible birthday, like some time in the future? Did you make sure to click on "save changes" at the bottom?

I see that the instructions say, "notify the administrator if your date of birth has changed," LOL.

I will check on this and get back to you.

Alsace

On the Ice
When you registered, did you enter an impossible birthday, like some time in the future? Did you make sure to click on "save changes" at the bottom?

Well, :eek: I've been known to enter one quite a bit in the past (c. 1900). Perhaps I did that on this board. :unsure:

I did click on save changes, which is how I got the message about invalid birthday.

Every now and then there is an "upgrade" of the vBulletinboard software and then it works a little differently than before, so we have to get used to the new features.

When you go to Users CP -> edit profile, in the first field does it say "your birthday is (date)"? Or is there a blank field for you to enter your birthday (day, month and year).

If there is a blank field, that means that you did not put down your birthday when you first registered. In this case there is an easy fix. Just enter any birthday at all, select "hide my birthday," and you should be good to go. (I don't know exactly what range of birthdays it will accept. I just tried January 1, 3000 (invalid), January 1, 1900 (invalid) and January 1, 2000 (OK).

(For some reason it appears that you must enter a birth date in order to use the rest of the "edit profile" page -- and you can't change your birth date once it is entered. A strange quirk of the most recent upgrade. (?) )

Alsace

On the Ice
Well, I guess I didn't submit a birthdate upon registration because that worked! Of course, 1905 is not really the year of my birth. When you do the statistical analysis of member demographics, just throw that date out! :)
Thanks!