Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yay! finally!

btw, there are more photos on my face book

Last edited:

Binky30

Rinkside
That link worked for me, too. :) Awwwwwwwwww the pictures of you and Eeyore. And *love* the blue hair, babe. ;)

What's the story behind your dad and the flag ceremony? Did he get to keep it?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no he didn't get to keep it :)

Disney lowers the flag every night before sundown in the Magic Kingdom, and they like to honor the brave men and women who serve(d) our country by having one participate in the ceremony.

I found out about it two years ago and have been planning this since then! LOL

Dad had no idea we were going to do this, and so I went up to the 'stage manager' for the deal and let him in on what was going on and he took it from there. It was absolutely PERFECT and the expression on my dad's face was priceless (I'm sure he'll get me back for all this sooner or later lol)

They lower the flag and then march down part of main street (the color guard, dad, the singer dudes, and the family) and the whole time Disney photopass is taking pictures.

Dad got a free 5x7 of one of the photos, a certificate, and a pin. The family got mini flags to wave lol

it was so awesome! :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for explaining the story behind your dad's surprise participation in the flag ceremony, Toni. I knew about the daily ceremony, but what an honor for him and your family! :agree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I have, infact, returned... I didn't want to, but I had to... apparently you can't just LIVE on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom *pouts*

*Sigh*

oh well 2009 is around the corner and we're gonna check out Disneyland again ;)

Toni, I've been so busy and away from the forums, that I forgot all about your trip to WDW. The pictures are great....that was SOME rain coming down!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks Patch - and I hear ya on being busy! :)

just an update - more photos are up and even more are on their way :)

I will have a real trip report posted soon too! :)

Oh I'm with you, why can't we just live on Main Street....I wouldn't take up much room! LOL!
That flag ceremony must've been very special for you to plan and for your Dad to be part of!
All the pictures are great! Love the ones of your family getting all made up and your hair done! Is that something new that goes on there? *sigh* Been so long since we've been there the place is probably SO different now!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Patch - yes it's new. It started at Downtown Disney earlier this year as part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotional thing, but has become SO POPULAR that they've opened up a second one in the Castle (will be open later this summer IIRC) and that one is a tad more expensive. It's called the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique and it was fun... but it is geared a bit more towards the younger kiddos lol

I'm planning on going back (lol) in 2009 with Erin (my best friend for those of you who aren't up to date on the people in my life lol) we were going to go to LA for Worlds, but Erin is not into figure skating much and feels out of place when I drag her along... so then we were just going to do LA earlier in the year and hit all the tourist stuff... but I wanted to get completely out of our normal area (I have family in CA) and just go have fun just the two of us lol

why I felt the need to share I don't know lol...

anyway I had to add a second album of photos... so here's that link.
http://alaska-anch.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13430&l=264bf&id=733500663

and I'm still adding to it lol

I think I would have more fun walking around taking pictures (so what else is new!) than riding the rides now that I'm older. I have a feeling by time we get back to WDW that I'll be needing one of those jazzy electric chairs to get around in! It'll be 10 years in Dec. since our last trip down there...which was a cold and rainy one.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah that's what I'd been hoping to do this trip was take it slow and take pictures

but I forgot my dad was going so we had to powerwalk EVERYWHERE so that we could hit EVERY RIDE... not fun lol

oh well... we'll take it slow Feb. 2009... or I'll throw a fit lol