For a Mere $18 million..... | Golden Skate

For a Mere $18 million.....

My lucky day! Just in time to host the Golden Skate hospitality party at the 2010 Olympics!

Jhar55

Medalist
Mathman there's a way around if they have a rule about buy property. Give Lad the money and she can buy it for you :chorus:

Location, location, location. :)

Should I take my $18,000,000, move to Vancouver and get a 7700 square-foot condo, or to California and get 10,000 square feet on the beach?

Or...

Should I stay home, buy a 12,000 square foot mansion, and save $17,000,000 dollars.

decisions, decisions. ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11843382/

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Location, location, location. :)

Should I take my $18,000,000, move to Vancouver and get a 7700 square-foot condo, or to California and get 10,000 square feet on the beach?

Or...

Should I stay home, buy a 12,000 square foot mansion, and save $17,000,000 dollars.

decisions, decisions. ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11843382/

Mathman unless you are planning to attend the Olympics and you love rain, and don't mind horrendous traffic problems and high prices for just about everything...stay home and save the $17,000,000 dollars!!!!!

PS - The sun is actually making an appearance today. I've forgotten what it looks like.
:laugh::laugh:

cygnus

Rinkside

And they couldn't be bothered to post any interior photos because....?
:p

They are there- look at the "photos" tab. Personally I hate the kitchen. A bright lime green floor? And I hate the long narrow "galley" style. Yuck. And I hope the glass windows are one-way in the bathroom, or the neighbours would get a nice show at night!

Gorgeous views though!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
They are there- look at the "photos" tab. Personally I hate the kitchen. A bright lime green floor? And I hate the long narrow "galley" style. Yuck. And I hope the glass windows are one-way in the bathroom, or the neighbours would get a nice show at night!

Gorgeous views though!
I already commented on that property and the lame kitchen (see post #5 above). The property that had no interior photos was the one Dutchherder posted (post #7). :)

sillylionlove

Medalist
Wow....those are some expensive properties. Here in NJ...the houses cost a fortune and you need about 1 million dollars to pay the property taxes!!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow....those are some expensive properties. Here in NJ...the houses cost a fortune and you need about 1 million dollars to pay the property taxes!!!

These are just condos in downtown Vancouver. Real Estate in West Vancouver and Vancouver Island is "out of this world." A lot of movie stars and entertainment stars from the states own property in and around Vancouver and on the Island.

I already live in Detroit. The suburbs? What do you take me for, a deserter? ;)

BTW my wife's grandparents owned one of those fine old houses in Boston-Edison (on W. Chicago). It was originally the home of the Chatham bakery people (later Chatham Supermarkets, before they were bought out by Krogers). The old industrial ovens where they baked their bread were still in the basement, and still in working order. :)

babyoscar

On the Ice
Expensive Homes

well, if you have 52 million in change, you can get this one instead! (and please let me know if you do, I would LOVE a tour :yes:)
http://www.1288oaklandestate.com/

this home was featured in the LA Times early this year. Although most of the homes in that area are easily millions each. I used to pass that area a lot, and it was nice to see all the pretty houses.