Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Katy Taylor's Interview

News Katy Taylor's Interview

Katy Lynn Taylor made a bit of a splash on the figure skating scene when she placed second in the novice division a mere four-and-a half ... [More]

thanks for that, Paula! great interview!

Down With It
    Thanks for sharing!

She comes across as mature and focused. Go Katy!

"Sean from the USA" -- nice questions! They brought out a different side of her.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    YAY She answered mine.

seanibuuu, was that you?

Down With It
    Sure sounds like "his" type of question

This interview just shows how the major media can skew their features for the sake of so-called entertainment values. ABC's coverage of Katy has gone out of its way to portray her as a Texas cheerleader fluff-head.

Now we see a thoughtful, well-grounded young lady. Excellent job, Paula, of bringing out the best in her.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    This interview just shows how the major media can skew their features for the sake of so-called entertainment values. ABC's coverage of Katy has gone out of its way to portray her as a Texas cheerleader fluff-head.
    To be fair, though, this is ABC's style of coverage...fluff, fluff and more fluff. Any sport they cover that isn't the NBA is stock full of it. It's not unique to their Figure Skating coverage.

Custom Title
    Another trick of theirs is to cut out the question and just play the answer. Makes it look like Katy was just dying to tell us all about her pink hummer.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Now we see a thoughtful, well-grounded young lady. Excellent job, Paula, of bringing out the best in her.
    i know. ESPN/ABC keeps showing her as a dumb blonde kid but in the interview she seems serious and focused and understans how important it is to have emotional connection with your music.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Another trick of theirs is to cut out the question and just play the answer. Makes it look like Katy was just dying to tell us all about her pink hummer.
    That's true also

Quote Originally Posted by CzarinaAnya View Post
    seanibuuu, was that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Sure sounds like "his" type of question
    what is that 'spose to mean?? I figured that others would ask questions pertaining to skating, and any questions I had there, would be asked by someone else. So thought about what I might ask her face to face that she wouldn't normally be asked by a fan. I didn't think most or any of mine would be used.

ITA

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Makes it look like Katy was just dying to tell us all about her pink hummer.
    I also asked about the pink hummer, the question they used was worded better than mine, but I was still curious about it also. Now I know she wants a H3.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaniBu View Post

what is that 'spose to mean??
    Rest assured that I meant that as a compliment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    i know. ESPN/ABC keeps showing her as a dumb blonde kid but in the interview she seems serious and focused and understans how important it is to have emotional connection with your music.
    Katy Taylor's performances are superficial and who you are ALWAYS reflects in your skating. The television networks aren't "showing" her as anything - that's really who she is. It's her own desire to have a hot pink Hummer which, again, is indicative of her personality. Not that we should be surprised anyway...she is an over-priveleged girl who was brought up in conservative Texas. Hopefully she can mature and broaden herself as a person.

~Z

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuranthium View Post
    Not that we should be surprised anyway...she is an over-priveleged girl who was brought up in conservative Texas. Hopefully she can mature and broaden herself as a person.

~Z
    In fact, she is so over-priveleged that she can't buy her hummer. She has to save up to pay for her skating and college.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast