Katy Taylor's Interview | Golden Skate

Katy Taylor's Interview

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Katy Lynn Taylor made a bit of a splash on the figure skating scene when she placed second in the novice division a mere four-and-a half ... [More]

She comes across as mature and focused. Go Katy!

"Sean from the USA" -- nice questions! They brought out a different side of her. :agree:

This interview just shows how the major media can skew their features for the sake of so-called entertainment values. ABC's coverage of Katy has gone out of its way to portray her as a Texas cheerleader fluff-head.

Now we see a thoughtful, well-grounded young lady. Excellent job, Paula, of bringing out the best in her. :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
This interview just shows how the major media can skew their features for the sake of so-called entertainment values. ABC's coverage of Katy has gone out of its way to portray her as a Texas cheerleader fluff-head.

To be fair, though, this is ABC's style of coverage...fluff, fluff and more fluff. Any sport they cover that isn't the NBA is stock full of it. It's not unique to their Figure Skating coverage.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Another trick of theirs is to cut out the question and just play the answer. Makes it look like Katy was just dying to tell us all about her pink hummer.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Now we see a thoughtful, well-grounded young lady. Excellent job, Paula, of bringing out the best in her. :agree:

:agree: i know. ESPN/ABC keeps showing her as a dumb blonde kid but in the interview she seems serious and focused and understans how important it is to have emotional connection with your music.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
seanibuuu, was that you?;)
:yes:
Sure sounds like "his" type of question :rofl:
:rofl:what is that 'spose to mean??;) I figured that others would ask questions pertaining to skating, and any questions I had there, would be asked by someone else. So thought about what I might ask her face to face that she wouldn't normally be asked by a fan. I didn't think most or any of mine would be used.

ITA:clap:

Makes it look like Katy was just dying to tell us all about her pink hummer.
I also asked about the pink hummer, the question they used was worded better than mine, but I was still curious about it also. Now I know she wants a H3.:yes:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
:agree: i know. ESPN/ABC keeps showing her as a dumb blonde kid but in the interview she seems serious and focused and understans how important it is to have emotional connection with your music.

Katy Taylor's performances are superficial and who you are ALWAYS reflects in your skating. The television networks aren't "showing" her as anything - that's really who she is. It's her own desire to have a hot pink Hummer which, again, is indicative of her personality. Not that we should be surprised anyway...she is an over-priveleged girl who was brought up in conservative Texas. Hopefully she can mature and broaden herself as a person.

~Z

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Not that we should be surprised anyway...she is an over-priveleged girl who was brought up in conservative Texas. Hopefully she can mature and broaden herself as a person.

~Z

In fact, she is so over-priveleged that she can't buy her hummer. She has to save up to pay for her skating and college. :confused:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She comes across as mature and focused. Go Katy!

"Sean from the USA" -- nice questions! They brought out a different side of her. :agree:

A very nice interview. I sense there's more to Katy than all that previous talk about the pink hummer. ;) I'm also delighted to hear that she's keeping "Legends of the Fall" for her SP.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Katy Taylor's performances are superficial and who you are ALWAYS reflects in your skating. The television networks aren't "showing" her as anything - that's really who she is. It's her own desire to have a hot pink Hummer which, again, is indicative of her personality. Not that we should be surprised anyway...she is an over-priveleged girl who was brought up in conservative Texas. Hopefully she can mature and broaden herself as a person.

~Z

:banging::banging:

This is simply silly... How does wanting a hot pink Hummer become indicative of a person's personality? Its a car for goodness sake!! And based on my experiences, child althetes tend to be anything but superficial... why? because the elite training regime will break the back of some of the strongest... we need to stop sniping and start respecting all that these athletes do - whether you're a fan or not...

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
In fact, she is so over-priveleged that she can't buy her hummer. :confused:

Well obviously her parents aren't just going to get it for her. So good on them. She is certainly well-off, though.

:banging::banging:

This is simply silly... How does wanting a hot pink Hummer become indicative of a person's personality? Its a car for goodness sake!!

Are you kidding? The kind of money a person spends (or desires to spend) on their clothes, car, etc. is a VERY revealing aspect into who they are. Katy wants to have a big, flashy car that is bad for the environment. That definitely tells me something about her.

~Z

netnuts

Match Penalty
Are you kidding? The kind of money a person spends (or desires to spend) on their clothes, car, etc. is a VERY revealing aspect into who they are. Katy wants to have a big, flashy car that is bad for the environment. That definitely tells me something about her.

~Z

I also feel she's a girl who's pretty shallow and obsessed with luxury stuff. Her make-up and overall presence on the ice have always given me a 'tacky' impression. She may be a sweet girl, but unfortunately, she really has left a good impression on me from a couple of her TV appearances.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Fortunately, impressions and perceptions from TV don't matter to those who are privileged to know Katy in real life. Thanks for the interview, Paula! :rock: