Katy Taylor's Interview | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Katy Taylor's Interview

R.D.

Record Breaker
But really people, does driving an SUV or SUV-type vehicle mean that someone is not environmentally conscious?

Hard to answer exactly. But still, even if you ABSOLUTELY NEED the space that an SUV provides (you have a big family or lots of stuff) they're starting to make SUV's with significantly better gas mileage now. A Hummer with 15/19 isn't the absolute best out there ;)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
In fact, she is so over-priveleged that she can't buy her hummer. She has to save up to pay for her skating and college. :confused:

Good point PB:clap: Book and cover are coming to mind, oh that and my favorite twist comment, "you must be Judge Physical's cousin, Judge-mental";) I want a new Chevy "Volt" (well once they come out) and a 3 rink community with 8-10 condos to house skaters and their families for free. Might sound all nice, but kid-you-not, I would love it for ME just as much as any of them.

It's cute, she is a girl. And in comparison to some of the other "Ladies" (should be more mature than girls right???) she is very down to earth and appreciative of what she has. But I must say I have made "crude" judgments of a skater in the past, and I was REALLY wrong once I acutely found out, rather than just assuming. I live, I learn.;)

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
But really people, does driving an SUV or SUV-type vehicle mean that someone is not environmentally conscious? Does it mean they should be criticized?

Very true... because while driving back from DC yesterday, I watched as the driver of Priuis tossed a cup out of his window... and of course his license plate said "go green"

But hey, he's superiour to SUV drivers, right?:laugh:;)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I don't get too much free time with my busy training schedule, school, and volunteer work.

She finds time to volunteer? Some airhead!

Of course, there are other airheads out there who should volunteer rather than driving on a suspended license.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I have no idea in this particular case but, in general, a High Schooler doing volunteer work is no indication if they are really a person with good judgement or values. It's just something that is pretty much required for college applications.

~Z

I have no idea in this particular case but, in general, a High Schooler doing volunteer work is no indication if they are really a person with good judgement or values. It's just something that is pretty much required for college applications.

~Z

Wow, Z, did Katy pee on your toothbrush, or what????

How many of us would have given poised, deep interviews on national TV for the first time at 16? And how many of us at 16 when asked about our dream car would have answered, "Oh, I think I'd like a Ford Tempo"? Be honest now.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I honestly don't care. Katy Taylor is not a part of my life, it's not something I ever dwell on. In the end the skating is what matters and I'm not impressed by her in that area either. Meh.

~Z

feraina

Record Breaker
Incidentally, where I went to high school (a public school in Houston, no less), almost everyone in the Honors program did volunteer work of some kind over the summers...

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zuranthium said:
  • Katy Taylor's performances are superficial and who you are ALWAYS reflects in your skating.
  • The television networks aren't "showing" her as anything - that's really who she is.
  • It's her own desire to have a hot pink Hummer which, again, is indicative of her personality. Not that we should be surprised anyway...she is an over-priveleged girl who was brought up in conservative Texas.
  • Hopefully she can mature and broaden herself as a person.
  • The kind of money a person spends (or desires to spend) on their clothes, car, etc. is a VERY revealing aspect into who they are. Katy wants to have a big, flashy car that is bad for the environment. That definitely tells me something about her.
  • Working hard doesn't mean a person has good values. Lots of people work really hard to be thieves, or conartists, or drug overlords.
  • I have no idea in this particular case but, in general, a High Schooler doing volunteer work is no indication if they are really a person with good judgement or values.
  • I honestly don't care. Katy Taylor is not a part of my life, it's not something I ever dwell on.
Obviously you do care and do dwell. But what I want to know is when can I hire you to write articles?

I mean, gosh... you know these skaters so intimately, can read their minds, judge their character, and obviously have access to their bank accounts as well as their parent's. I can't think of anyone more qualified than you! Give me a holler with your credentials, ok?

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing the article. Katy seems like a sweet girl. I don't know what the big deal is about the pink hummer. When I was her age I was obsessed with a little red corvette. lol

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Obviously you do care and do dwell.

Not really? I'm just discussing. Because I like to think and talk. That's the point of articles, isn't it? People read them and talk about the topic at hand.

But what I want to know is when can I hire you to write articles?

For you, I would write a couple for free!
love.gif

Let me know if you need some help. I'll be there for you.

~Z

Here is the point. Katy Taylor went out of her way to share her thoughts with Golden Skate and to answer our questions with candor and grace. It is simply bad manners to come on this thread and say, oh, yeah? well I don't like the way she parts her hair.

Besides maintaining this forum, Golden Skate is one of the premier figure skating resources on the web. In particular, the GS main page and archived articles give all kinds of great interviews with skaters which are not available anywhere else. This doesn't happen by accident or over night. (I would say more but Paula is too modest and would probably delete the rest of what I have to say, LOL.)

Anyway, when skaters agree to be interviewed on GS, we should value that. If you want to criticise their skating, start a new thread. If you want to bash the supposed personal qualities of someone that you don't know and have never met,...um...don't. ;)

Last edited: