Katy Taylor's Interview | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Katy Taylor's Interview

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
The bold statements are the ones in question.

What I meant by the first one, "the television networks are showing her just how she really is", is that her performances on the ice are not altered by any television networks. What she does out there is in plain view for all of us to see.

So much talk about this Katy Taylor, though. You'd think she was the U.S. National Champion. I'm ready to move on to another subject!

~Z

<Closed temporarily for repairs. This thread will remain open for GS members who wish to discuss the article and Katy's skating. For further discussion of the relative merits of blunt speech versus being nice, as well as suggestions about how a forum ought to be run, etc., see the thread "Debatable" in the Feedback folder.>

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It looks like Katy has received an international assignment; the Finlandia Trophy. That's good. We will see if all that hard training has paid off. :clap:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
According to the schedule on Katy's official site, she plans to compete in the Skate Detroit club competition (July 26-28) in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan where she will likely debut her new long program (music as yet unknown).

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It looks like Katy has received an international assignment; the Finlandia Trophy. That's good. We will see if all that hard training has paid off. :clap:

That is great news, I will be looking foward to see her skating at Finlandia Trophy.

I think Katy handled the questions very well and gave intelligent and detailed answers. I like that.

Thanks for the interview, Paula!

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
That is great news, I will be looking foward to see her skating at Finlandia Trophy.

I think Katy handled the questions very well and gave intelligent and detailed answers. I like that.

Thanks for the interview, Paula!

Yes, that is true. Katy answered some important questions in her interview, but just as important are the questions she will answer in Finland.

Katy is no different than any other skater who is trying to break that Nationals podium barrier.. This Nats will see a number of Ladies'in Wating, and a couple threatening.

Losing their place on the podium?? Meissner, Hughes, Czisny

Skaters in Waiting Liang, Oster, Taylor, Khael

Skaters Threatening Zhang, Wagner

Is the above correct? and how well will Katy do, if and only if one of the top last years' medalist falters?

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Katy really imploded last year. With the newcomers now it may be harder for her, but we'll see. The only skater that shouldn't feel threatened just yet is Meissner.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Is the above correct? and how well will Katy do, if and only if one of the top last years' medalist falters?

Joe

I'm sure when that when Katy gets up at 3:45 every morning for a day of hard training, she's thinking, "I want to get myself in condition so I can beat any of the other girls ------- if and only if they falter."

I don't think so.

I'm sure when that when Katy gets up at 3:45 every morning for a day of hard training, she's thinking, "I want to get myself in condition so I can beat any of the other girls ------- if and only if they falter."
I don't think so.
I don't think Katy is thinking that either. That statement was just me thinking about Katy's chances. Not Katty herself. duh!

I have been wrong on many occasions and in this case, let's hope for Katy making me wrong again. :thumbsup:

Joe