Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

Banned

2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

As a preview for 2007/2008, please tell us any music selections/choreography news under this thread.

FSU compiled a list:

2007 – 2008 Music

Ladies
    Lesley Hawker (CAN) – “Moon River” (SP); John Williams FS
    Sarah Hecken (GER) – “Dark Eyes” (SP); “Red Hot” by Vanessa Mae (FS); “Because of You” by Kelly Clarkson (Ex)
    Mirai Nagasu (USA) – “I’ve Got Rhythm” by Gershwin (SP); “Coppelia” (FS)
    Yukina Ota (JPN) – “Swan Lake” (SP); “Aranjuez” (FS)
    Ashley Wagner (USA) - “Henry VIII" by Saint-Saens (SP); “Por Una Cabeza” (FS)

Men
    Jeremy Abbott (USA) – “Music Treat” by Carlos Santana (SP); Music Ghost Waltz from Mistletoe Bride ballet by Paul Chihara, Jazz Suite Waltz from the Eyes Wide Shut soundtrack, River Waltz from The Painted Veil soundtrack, Masquerade Waltz by Aram Khachaturian (FS)
    Shawn Sawyer (CAN) – “Another Brick in the Wall” by the London Philharmonic Orchestra (SP); “Moments in Love” by Art of Noise (FS); Tainted Love, Untitled by Sum41 (Ex)
    Alexander Uspenski (RUS) – “Don Quijote” (SP); “Turandot” (FS)

Dance
    Sara Bailey & Kyle Herring (USA) – “Zorba the Greek” (OD); Selections from the movies 300 and Chronicles of Narnia (FD)

Pairs
    Brooke Castile & Ben Okolski (USA) – “Kill Bill” (SP); “Scheherezade” (FS)
    Brynn Carman & Chris Knierim (USA) – “Chopsticks” by Mozart (SP); “City Slickers” soundtrack (FS)
    Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig (USA) – “Stray Cat Strut” (SP); “Daphis & Chloe” by Ravel, “Reverie” by Debussy (FS)
    Jessica Rose Paetsch & Jon Nuss (USA) – “Por Una Cabeza” (SP); “Capone” by Ronan Hardiman (FS)
    Bridget Namiotka & John Coughlin (USA) – “The Mission” (SP); Music from “Pearl Harbor” (FS)
    Julia Vlassov & Drew Meekings (USA) – a version of the “Titanic” score (FS)

According to some eyewitnesses and Pang & Tong's blog, they are currently working with Morozov to do two new programs. They will likely finish the choregraphy by the end of this month. The long program will use 'Romeo and Juliet'(Nino Rota version), this music has been overused, but hell, every music has been repeated thousands of times these day. Pang & Tong will try something new in short program, possibly blues style music with some sexy flavour.

Musically, it should be interesting. I didn't notice any Carmens, only one Swan Lake, one Coppelia and one Sheherezade. We may be seeing the doom of the war horses.

Joe

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    i am SO happy that a pairs team finally chooese Daphinis et Chloe... it is great music for pairs skating.

Brian Joubert' wife (I wish...) _Ladybug_'s Avatar
    Yay Titanic and Pearl Harbour!!!! I know, cheesy. But I love it!

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Oh, Pang, Tong, first you skate to Phantom, now you skate to Romeo and Juliet? Are you two delibrately checking off the list of music cliches here?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Musically, it should be interesting. I didn't notice any Carmens, only one Swan Lake, one Coppelia and one Sheherezade. We may be seeing the doom of the war horses.

Joe
    From your mouth to G-d's ears! Seriously, it is early days, so the war horses may still appear (in droves)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Oh, Pang, Tong, first you skate to Phantom, now you skate to Romeo and Juliet? Are you two delibrately checking off the list of music cliches here?
    Maybe they want to beat sasha cohen for using the most pieces of overused music in skating history.

Resident Chinese pair nerd
    Pang and Tong working with Morozov? Oh god..shoot me now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by discoduck View Post
    Pang and Tong working with Morozov? Oh god..shoot me now.
    ?? Their SP last season was done by Morozov. You hate Morozov? LOL. I know he's not the most creative choreographer, but he usually gets the job done for competitions. No face-rubbing please!!

I guess R&J was suggested by Morozov. Pang & Tong indicated that Morozov gave them a list of recommended music in early April. R&J has been overused. I'm more interested in their SP.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Their SP last season was done by Morozov.
    That's what I remember from last season's Eurosport comments, too. Although I can't find a confirmation anywhere online.

I remember watching them and trying to trace Morozov's influence, but I failed. So I decided the guy was just a mortal.

R&J by Roti from a film score. (sweet music)

R&J by Prokofiev from a Russian ballet. (strong music)

Morozov must have chosen Roti because it would be much easier to choreograph. JMO.

Joe

Resident Chinese pair nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by netnuts View Post
    ?? Their SP last season was done by Morozov. You hate Morozov? LOL. I know he's not the most creative choreographer, but he usually gets the job done for competitions. No face-rubbing please!!

I guess R&J was suggested by Morozov. Pang & Tong indicated that Morozov gave them a list of recommended music in early April. R&J has been overused. I'm more interested in their SP.
    Nope, I am not a Morozov fan by any stretch of the imagination. I do, however, enjoy the programs he has done to Spartacus. Not sure why he does such a good job with this music but he does.

He has a list of recommended music? I guess he keeps it around so that it's easier to rip himself off.

Banned
    I remember watching them and trying to trace Morozov's influence, but I failed. So I decided the guy was just a mortal.
    Well, watch again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFI1dCRzNM

The 'face-rubbing' during spirals. cough, cough...

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    True Still, the movements are quicker and brasher than what 'typical Morozov's' choreo usually looks like, IMO.

Oh, Shawn Sawyer, what are you doing??? :banging:

I'm excited to see Castile and Okolski's "Kill Bill" program, though... that music seems suited to them.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast