2007/2008 Music & Choreography News | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

anya_angie

Final Flight
VERY interesting FS choices for Shawn. But sadly according to the film music buffs I know, Painted Veil is one of the weakest scores of last year, almost as bad as Babel's was. :( (and I'm a Santaolalla fan!)

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Oye - Zorba the Greek! Great music but soooo over used. With the Sr. Dance requirement of original folk music, I was afraid we'd see tons of Zorba's and Riverdance......heaven help us if B/A, D/S or any of the other top teams come out with Riverdance frown2::frown2:

African drum beats would be cool! Has that been done?:love:

discoduck

On the Ice
Someone will come out with Riverdance I'll bet. Personally I hope not since the B & K fan in me doesn't want anyone else to touch that music. ;)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
VERY interesting FS choices for Shawn. But sadly according to the film music buffs I know, Painted Veil is one of the weakest scores of last year, almost as bad as Babel's was. :( (and I'm a Santaolalla fan!)

i agree. saw the movie and was very let down by the score. they really could have been creative and used some intersting chinese instrunments or somthing but it was really boring.

I agree. Sasha did an excellent job.

Sasha used poular music, but it was diffrent when she skate do it. you could not interpret it better than her... and i have never seen really any skaters use dar eyes

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone will come out with Riverdance I'll bet. Personally I hope not since the B & K fan in me doesn't want anyone else to touch that music. ;)

Lots of other skaters have used this music, including Brian Joubert.

discoduck

On the Ice
Lots of other skaters have used this music, including Brian Joubert.

I'm aware of that, thanks. I was just saying that when it comes to dance I associate it with B and K. I thought Joubert used Lord of the Dance though.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I'm aware of that, thanks. I was just saying that when it comes to dance I associate it with B and K. I thought Joubert used Lord of the Dance though.

I think he did use Lord of the Dance music. Did Takeshi Honda use Riverdance for a long program one year or am I making that up?! LOL :laugh:

Either way, I too associate Riverdance with B&K although if another team gave the music a try, I'd at least give them a chance just to see what they come up with for that music. It might be a hard sell for a lot of fans though! :yes:

discoduck

On the Ice
I think he did use Lord of the Dance music. Did Takeshi Honda use Riverdance for a long program one year or am I making that up?! LOL :laugh:

Either way, I too associate Riverdance with B&K although if another team gave the music a try, I'd at least give them a chance just to see what they come up with for that music. It might be a hard sell for a lot of fans though! :yes:

No he did. I remember that because it was choreographed by Morozov and I threw pillows at the TV because he should never have touched that music. :laugh: I'm sure you can imagine my reaction.

Let's just hope that another team doesn't try it in Reading because you probably don't want to be sitting next to me when it happens. ;)

And Mathman, I didn't think Lord Of The Dance worked for Joubert either. Especially with the naugahyde shirt.

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
Disco...let me know whre you are sitting in Reading so I make sure to stay away from you as soon as I hear one note of Riverdance!!!! :)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Disco...let me know whre you are sitting in Reading so I make sure to stay away from you as soon as I hear one note of Riverdance!!!! :)

I'll keep an eye on her so she doesn't harm anyone if that music plays for another team or skater in Reading, LOL :laugh: