Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Here is her 2005-06 exhibition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-6Wjn8lJeo

It was pretty much the same as her competitive programs, in terms of expression, IMHO. I agree that she made a lot of prograss in 2006-07.

I think we have to remember that we have been spoiled by skaters like Michelle, Sasha and Shizuka who continued skating well past their teenage years.
    I haven't been spoiled by the above over 20 skaters. They should be agedly in the best for showbiz. I would say Kimmie at her age is better than Lipinsky, Baiul and Yamaguchi.

joe

Custom Title
    Well, I think Kimmie's "comfort zone" is jumping about like a Jackrabbit, only ocassionaly acknowledging the music by waving her arms. I do think that Lori is forcing her to take at least a baby step in the other direction.

Last year she was obviously trying to pay more attention to presentation, with mixed but encouraging results -- but at the expense of jump consistency.
    At the end of the year she said that she tried something new last year and it didn't work out so she was going back to what she new she could do. I took that to mean she wasn't interested in doing choreography any more.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by beritaz View Post
    They say YU-NA's LP is mixed with 10 songs from Miss Saigon. I hope it includes some singings, chorus. Anyway, it will be quite different style. The coaching team is planing to show her variety of expression skills in each year.
    By the way, has someone already mention that Yuna's exhibition music is "Just a Girl" by Gwen Stefani? I think that's a really cool pick, considering lyrics like this is slightly more angsty and tougher than what female skaters often seem to go for:

"Take a good looks at me / Just your typical prototype / Oh...I've had it up to here! / Oh...am I making myself clear? / I'm just a girl in the world...That's all that you'll let me be!"

I can't wait to see a completly different side of Yuna with this one!

And here are some interviews with Brian Orser and David Wilson talking about Yuna's new programs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XLoPTvmX6l4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mBab4gNt4u8

(ps - this is one of my first postings in this forum, which i always love visiting... hello and thanks to everyone here.)

Hi, Herehere, thanks for joining us. Welcome to the forum.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Emily Hughes:
    I've Got Rhythm SP
    Carmina Burana LP

Her SP is the same as Mirai's SP. That'll be interesting to see at nationals.

Custom Title
    IMHO Lori Nichol is not so much trying to advise her as to challenge her.

Nichol did that with Michelle, too. Also Sale and Pelletier and Tim Goebel. She was continually tried to push them out of their confort zones.

I agree with Mathman...I think Lori tries to challenge ALL the skaters she works with...it is up to the skater to take the choreography that has been presented to them, and bring it to life as Lori hopes that that can.

Of coure it is up to the performer to do something with the choreography. That's what makes them stand-out.

I've seen scores of Swan Lakes in my time on stage and everyone was different yet they all had the same choreography.

I've been saying for years that the fault lies in the skater not in the star coarches or choreographers.

Joe

Custom Title
    My music compilation list for U.S. envelope skaters has been updated -- I've added program music info for E. Hughes, Czisny (hearsay), Cannarozzo, Mroz, and Kelly/Woodruff: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...644#post253644

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    My music compilation list for U.S. envelope skaters has been updated -- I've added program music info for E. Hughes, Czisny (hearsay), Cannarozzo, Mroz, and Kelly/Woodruff: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...644#post253644
    Thanks Sylvia
    I cant wait 2 see Yuna's new programs & Kimmie's... I dont complain about her choice about "the feeling begins"... coz im gonna have a little faith in her

Welcome to Golden Skate, McWicked. Post often, post long!

Quote Originally Posted by sk8addict View Post
    At the end of the year she said that she tried something new last year and it didn't work out so she was going back to what she new she could do. I took that to mean she wasn't interested in doing choreography any more.
    I was kind of startled by that brief remark in Kimmie's interview, too.

I don't think she really meant it that way. But on the spur of the moment she must have been thinking, hey, in 2005-06 I concentrated on landing all my jumps and I won the World Championship. In 2006-07 I worked hard on choreography, expression, softening my arms, blah, blah, blah, and what did it get me?

Or maybe she is just looking at the points. If she raises her PCSs from 7.75 to 8.75 in the LP, that's an extra 8 points. If she misses her triple Lutz/triple toe, that's leaving 10 points on the table.

Welcome to Golden Skate, McWicked. Post often, post long!
    Thanks Mathman!!! I'll try 2

I was kind of startled by that brief remark in Kimmie's interview, too.

I don't think she really meant it that way. But on the spur of the moment she must have been thinking, hey, in 2005-06 I concentrated on landing all my jumps and I won the World Championship. In 2006-07 I worked hard on choreography, expression, softening my arms, blah, blah, blah, and what did it get me?

Or maybe she is just looking at the points. If she raises her PCSs from 7.75 to 8.75 in the LP, that's an extra 8 points. If she misses her triple Lutz/triple toe, that's leaving 10 points on the table.
    Kimmie's actually workin on a triple lutz/triple loop. I think this year she'll focus more on her jumps & a better SP. Besides,there's no longer the burden of bein a reignin world champ

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Emily Hughes:
    I've Got Rhythm SP
    Carmina Burana LP

Her SP is the same as Mirai's SP. That'll be interesting to see at nationals.

I think that I Got Rythm is a pretty good choice. I am not fimiliar with the music for her LP... i assume by the name it is spanish? Not too sure if that is for the best. Carmen was okay.... but a far cry from imbodying the character.

if those choices are true about Alissa then they are perfect. She has already done swan lake.... but "the swan" is an ever better fit. Great job alissa!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I think that I Got Rythm is a pretty good choice. I am not fimiliar with the music for her LP... i assume by the name it is spanish? Not too sure if that is for the best. Carmen was okay.... but a far cry from imbodying the character.

if those choices are true about Alissa then they are perfect. She has already done swan lake.... but "the swan" is an ever better fit. Great job alissa!
    It's Latin! If you are interested take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmina_Burana
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmina_Burana_%28Orff%29

This music was used by Anissina/Peizerat and Frederic Dambier among others. It's a little bit apocalyptic IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeROOD8bwqY

Isn't it too apocalyptic for Emily maybe??
    Last edited by gio; 07-07-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast