Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: 2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

Quote Originally Posted by cassieandcheetah View Post
    I based my opinions on what I saw here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwROk-5mGLU

Obviously, I would probably feel different once I saw them on TV, because this video really doesn't allow you a full view of the program. And obviously, too, it's different rhythm and in many ways nothing like Valse Triste, but it doesn't pick up its pace or feel like "folk music" until like 1:24, and that's a good half of the program gone by right there. I don't know...
    It doesn't really matter. Most dance teams do polka steps to latin american music because the music is on a down beat, and they only know about up beat music. They keep the timing but there is no latin flavor in their movements. Shaking the fannie does not make a latin dance.

Joe

...and a bag of chips
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieandcheetah View Post
    I based my opinions on what I saw here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwROk-5mGLU

Obviously, I would probably feel different once I saw them on TV, because this video really doesn't allow you a full view of the program. And obviously, too, it's different rhythm and in many ways nothing like Valse Triste, but it doesn't pick up its pace or feel like "folk music" until like 1:24, and that's a good half of the program gone by right there. I don't know...
    There are large gaps in choreography in this OD, which is understandable, considering that the season hasn't really begun yet. It's also obvious that they have been focusing much more on their FD so far, since that is jam-packed with choreography. I'm going to wait til Skate Canada to decide how "folky" this program is.

At the moment though, I rather like the music. It isn't what I would think of when I think of a Russian folk dance, but it is what I would think an old Hollywood silent movie would play if they were trying to show a Russian folk dance. Does that make any sense? I think that's kind of cool. Now if they could only insert frames which say things like "He takes the scarf!!"
    Last edited by all that; 09-22-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I want Belbin and Agosto to do When the Saints Come Marching In.

No, wait. I want Yamaguchi and Galindo to come back and do it.
    Definately agree with the second statement. Belbin and Agosto, IMO, could not carry it off.

And if you're crazy, I'm right there with you.

Rinkside

Did Oda change the choriographer?

Oda had skated to the program coriographed by David Wilson since he appeared on the international stage and it has been very successful, i think.

But there is a rumor he had changed choriographer..

Does anybody know anything about it?

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruriruri View Post
    Oda had skated to the program coriographed by David Wilson since he appeared on the international stage and it has been very successful, i think.

But there is a rumor he had changed choriographer..

Does anybody know anything about it?
    No clue, but maybe Japan (or the JSF) didn't allow him to get out of the country, so he might have had to find someone in Japan... Just an idea, I have absolutely no references whatsoever.

Kypma

Poor boy Oda,
    hope this won't affect his skating practice much. I like this little boy.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    I think a different choreographer would do him good (if the rumors are true).

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18