Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    African drum beats would be cool! Has that been done?

Yes! Mojca Kopac, the Slovene skater did an excellent SP in 2000 on African drum beats!!!

Dance Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    Yes! Mojca Kopac, the Slovene skater did an excellent SP in 2000 on African drum beats!!!
    Denkova & Staviski's "Bach to Africa" comes to mind, and Domnina & Shabalin's "Afro-Latin Mix".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqihpH2QXU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpTWcQyaF1w

Tripping on the Podium mirai_asada's Avatar
    Nice. "Swan Lake" is one of my personal favourites.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Quote Originally Posted by discoduck View Post
    I'm aware of that, thanks. I was just saying that when it comes to dance I associate it with B and K. I thought Joubert used Lord of the Dance though.
    I think he did use Lord of the Dance music. Did Takeshi Honda use Riverdance for a long program one year or am I making that up?! LOL

Either way, I too associate Riverdance with B&K although if another team gave the music a try, I'd at least give them a chance just to see what they come up with for that music. It might be a hard sell for a lot of fans though!

IMHO Lord of the Dance didn't work at all for Joubert.

Resident Chinese pair nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    I think he did use Lord of the Dance music. Did Takeshi Honda use Riverdance for a long program one year or am I making that up?! LOL

Either way, I too associate Riverdance with B&K although if another team gave the music a try, I'd at least give them a chance just to see what they come up with for that music. It might be a hard sell for a lot of fans though!
    No he did. I remember that because it was choreographed by Morozov and I threw pillows at the TV because he should never have touched that music. I'm sure you can imagine my reaction.

Let's just hope that another team doesn't try it in Reading because you probably don't want to be sitting next to me when it happens.

And Mathman, I didn't think Lord Of The Dance worked for Joubert either. Especially with the naugahyde shirt.
    Last edited by discoduck; 06-22-2007 at 12:39 PM.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Disco...let me know whre you are sitting in Reading so I make sure to stay away from you as soon as I hear one note of Riverdance!!!!

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Disco...let me know whre you are sitting in Reading so I make sure to stay away from you as soon as I hear one note of Riverdance!!!!
    I'll keep an eye on her so she doesn't harm anyone if that music plays for another team or skater in Reading, LOL

Brian Joubert' wife (I wish...) _Ladybug_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    IMHO Lord of the Dance didn't work at all for Joubert.
    Definately NO. And he should sue whoever made that costume, it burned my eyes. I'm at lost to find a good music for him this year.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanFan1212 View Post
    I'll keep an eye on her so she doesn't harm anyone if that music plays for another team or skater in Reading, LOL
    Thank you so much. :chorus:

Custom Title
    Looking at Bebe's bio it say her choreographer is Lori Nichol. I guess she is done with Sarah.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    Looking at Bebe's bio it say her choreographer is Lori Nichol.
    And Braden Overett! I believe he did her short program but am not sure. Liang's bio says her music is "The Sorceror's Apprentice" (SP) and "Yellow River Piano Concerto" (FS).

Custom Title
    I think Sarah Kawahara did Bebe's SP last season. I wish she's stuck with her, her SP was (imo) the best at US nationals this past season.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ladybug_ View Post
    Definately NO. And he should sue whoever made that costume, it burned my eyes. I'm at lost to find a good music for him this year.

i know. Riverdance was not a good choice for Joubert. He had a bad season and i think the problem was the music. I really like Honda's version though. it was good fit for his really fast and exciting footwork.

as for next season... Joubert should skate to The feeling begins for his LP. I think that he could really make it work if he dosen't blow it on a relaly wierd and colorful costume !

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I think Sarah Kawahara did Bebe's SP last season. I wish she's stuck with her, her SP was (imo) the best at US nationals this past season.

has bebe changed chroegraphers? she has always worked with sarah and i LOVE all of the work that Karahawa has done with Bebe. bebe is the perfect muse.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast