2007/2008 Music & Choreography News | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Looking at Bebe's bio it say her choreographer is Lori Nichol.
And Braden Overett! :rock: I believe he did her short program but am not sure. Liang's bio says her music is "The Sorceror's Apprentice" (SP) and "Yellow River Piano Concerto" (FS).

oleada

Record Breaker
I think Sarah Kawahara did Bebe's SP last season. I wish she's stuck with her, her SP was (imo) the best at US nationals this past season.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Definately NO. And he should sue whoever made that costume, it burned my eyes. I'm at lost to find a good music for him this year.

i know. Riverdance was not a good choice for Joubert. He had a bad season and i think the problem was the music. I really like Honda's version though. it was good fit for his really fast and exciting footwork.

as for next season... Joubert should skate to The feeling begins for his LP. I think that he could really make it work if he dosen't blow it on a relaly wierd and colorful costume :rofl:!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think Sarah Kawahara did Bebe's SP last season. I wish she's stuck with her, her SP was (imo) the best at US nationals this past season.

has bebe changed chroegraphers? she has always worked with sarah and i LOVE:love: all of the work that Karahawa has done with Bebe. bebe is the perfect muse.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Update:
Zhang
Spanish Gypsy by Ray DeTone for her SP (I cant wait to see this one)
Ave Maria by Schubert for her LP

McLaughlin/Brubaker
Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven for their SP
Romeo & Juliet by Prokofiev and Rota for their LP

Well that's all I got, sorry :)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Update:
Zhang
Spanish Gypsy by Ray DeTone for her SP (I cant wait to see this one)

Well that's all I got, sorry

THis is great!! thanks. I can't wait to see the Spanish Gypsy... I have only see her do the soft music like Ave maria... playing it safe with the LP i see.... but still these sound like excenllent choices. she has the quiet elegance that Ave Maria requires and i think she will be able to hit those high notes with her extensions very well.

gio

Medalist
Zhang
Spanish Gypsy by Ray DeTone for her SP

Very happy for her SP choice! Now we will see her in another shoes! :clap:
A little less for her LP! But I'll give her credits for trying a new kind of music for her SP! :agree: For 2009 she could choose something more innovative also for her LP.

Innovation! That is something I wait! Especially in Ladies! I don't know why but I think today's ladies are more conservative, playing it safe. Once the skaters were more risking (Hubert, Gusmeroli, Czsako, Trenary, Thomas, Leistner, Biellmann... come to mind). Another risky yet fantastic programs were Kwan with Salome' and Taj Mahal.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hate to see programs to religious music, and I don't like it that Zhang is skating to another slow piece for her FS. If she HAD to use it, she should have reversed it: Ave Maria for the short and the Gypsy piece for the FS.

Expand your musical horizons, Caroline.

Kypma

Final Flight
I hate to see programs to religious music, and I don't like it that Zhang is skating to another slow piece for her FS. If she HAD to use it, she should have reversed it: Ave Maria for the short and the Gypsy piece for the FS.

Expand your musical horizons, Caroline.

I think she decided to change the short type of music because she's moving out of her comfort zone, and I don't blame her for wanting to change gradually. She's only 14 years old, so give her a chance. If by 2009 she's still got only slow music, then we can discuss more thoroughly but, for now, I'm glad she's taking a step forward. She still could make Ave Maria really pretty.

Kypma

carolinefan177

On the Ice
Yay

I just got done listening to that Spanish gypsy piece, and I have to say, it seems very fitting for Caroline, especially if she wants to take a new approach to her skating. It also reminds me of Romanza, Michelle's music in 95-96. Also, Caroline is using Lori Nichol for her long program; surely Lori will bring out great maturity in this young talent.

Go Caroline:yes:

Last edited:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
VERY interesting FS choices for Shawn. But sadly according to the film music buffs I know, Painted Veil is one of the weakest scores of last year, almost as bad as Babel's was. :( (and I'm a Santaolalla fan!)

Huh??? The Painted Veil's score was excellent; the very best thing about that film.

~Z

theGT

Spectator
update

yu - na kim

SP : Overture-Die Fledermaus (J.JR.Strauss)
LP : Miss Sigon

Last edited:

gio

Medalist
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is going all willowy this season.

~Z

If all ladies are going willowly this season, I fear TV ratings will drop. Imagine at Worlds 24 LPs on sad or slow music. I think some people will change the channel.
But as for now we just know the choices of Yu Na and Zhang, so I still have hope. Maybe the other ladies will choose something different. I'm sure not Caro Kostner! She is another one who uses always the same kind of music (also in exhibitions). Mao did something different on Czardas, but I think she will change her LP. So, where is Olga Markova???? :laugh::agree:

Last edited:

gio

Medalist
I just got done listening to that Spanish gypsy piece, and I have to say, it seems very fitting for Caroline, especially if she wants to take a new approach to her skating.

It's a good step for a new approach, I agree! :yes: