Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007/2008 Music & Choreography News

Rinkside

well...

yu-na say,

sp was comic and nimble movement,
    lp was solemn and the grand style.

she challenge different style. contrast last season.

(sorry. my english is so bad;

Welcome to the forum, theGT. Thanks for joining us.

Brian Joubert' wife (I wish...) _Ladybug_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theGT View Post
    yu - na kim

SP : Overture-Die Fledermaus (J.JR.Strauss)
    LP : Miss Sigon
    LOVE IT!
    Especially the SP!!! A cut of this music was used as gymnastics compulsory floor routine music from 1993 to 1996. I have nothing but good memories of it. You can see here the full music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBhKx1bkEM and here the cut used in gymnastics with a brilliant floor routinehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8UQz6pJZu4

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Ladybug,
    When I saw Die Fledermaus, I thought Eew, but I checked out your link. Carlos Kleiber - wow. This is the champagne of Fledermice. Thanks! Hope Yu Na uses this recording. (Fat chance.)

ETA: Wonderful to watch him too. What economy of movement. (Just like MK!) Rest in peace, CK.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 06-29-2007 at 04:24 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    wow, i am so happy that Yu-na got two new programs.... seems very promising. neither one of those choices have been overused... in fact i don't think that i have ever heard miss siagon as a skating program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    wow, i am so happy that Yu-na got two new programs.... seems very promising. neither one of those choices have been overused... in fact i don't think that i have ever heard miss siagon as a skating program.
    Michelle Kwan 1993 LP used Miss Saigon. I don't know what I was thinking before, but it isn't all that willowly after all!!! Thank goodnes!!! I was confusing it with another piece probably!

Quote Originally Posted by gio View Post
    Michelle Kwan 1993 LP used Miss Saigon. I don't know what I was thinking before, but it isn't all that willowly after all!!! Thank goodnes!!! I was confusing it with another piece probably!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDXCBguFJEU

After watching Michelle in 1993, I found myself really attracted to this music! It's lovely!

Custom Title
    carolinefan177, where did you listen to the music Zhang is going to use for her SP? Could you give me the link, if there is no problem? I'd really like to hear it! Thanks!

BTW, Miss Saigon was also used by Tanja Szewczenko, Olga Markova and Nancy Kerrigan!

Custom Title
    So, where is Olga Markova????
    You're so stupid Gio!!! Yu Na will use the same music as Olga Markova! A music that isn't willowly, but quite interesting! Before talking, inform yourself!

carolinefan177, where did you listen to the music Zhang is going to use for her SP? Could you give me the link, if there is no problem? I'd really like to hear it! Thanks!

BTW, Miss Saigon was also used by Tanja Szewczenko, Olga Markova and Nancy Kerrigan!
    I listened to it on Rhapsody. You have to get an account, but it's free, and you get to listen to twenty-five songs a month.

http://play.rhapsody.com/raydetone/g...r/spanishgypsy

It's exciting that Caroline turned to Tom Dickson for choreography. Yu-Na Kim used him for her Tango de Roxanne, and we all know that her short program was magnificant.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinefan177 View Post
    I listened to it on Rhapsody. You have to get an account, but it's free, and you get to listen to twenty-five songs a month.

It's just for USA internet users! But thanks anyway!

Rinkside

YU-NA's LP

They say YU-NA's LP is mixed with 10 songs from Miss Saigon. I hope it includes some singings, chorus. Anyway, it will be quite different style. The coaching team is planing to show her variety of expression skills in each year.

Welcome to Golden Skate, Beritaz. Thanks for posting.

Wow, I kind of hope she doesn't try to show TEN different emotions in the same program. Three or four should do the trick (along with a variety of triple/triples, etc., of course. )

Tripping on the Podium

Try this link. It's not the entire piece, just 2 min, but it gives you a bit of an idea
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/raydetone3

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast