Thread: Book Reccomendation For Reality Show Fans

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....

Book Reccomendation For Reality Show Fans

I know that there are quite a few reality show fans on this board, and I would to reccomend to them one of the best books I've read in the last year; I read it cover to cover last night.

"Lost and Found" by Carolyn Parkhurst.

This is about these people who are on a reality show that is a cross between "The Amazing Race" and a scavenger hunt (which explains why they have to carry caged parrots and ski poles across the globe); through various means, the producers of the show find out each contestant's deep dark secret and eventually try to manipulate the game so the secrets will come out on the air. It is very well-executed and very well-written; Shii Ann (from Survivor Thailand and All-Stars) and one of the producers of "Amazing Race" served as consultants on this. It will be, of course, of particular interest to "Amazing Race" fans as it kind of answers some questions about how the show is executed (i.e. the stuff you DON'T see on TV, like having to wait for luggage and having to go through customs, stuff like that.)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to be on the lookout for this book.

Shoe Diva
    Yay! I shall run out to B&N after work to pick this up... I've been saying for two days that I need a book to read so I stop anticipating the last Harry Potter!

Another book you might want to read is The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World. It's this guy's account of his decision to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica from A to Z because he thinks he's getting dumber. It's a pretty funny read...