Tripping on the Podium

Mao Asada - Summer Training

Here's a link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_muYvY3kjIg
    where you can see
    - a triple loop , triple loop 1:40
    - a triple flip, triple toe
    - trying to do a True Lutz 2:04
    - double axel - sliding on one foot - double axel

What jumb combinations do you think she will do next season?
    Do you think that she will change the last double axel in a triple axel?
    Last edited by Justlooking; 06-20-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Nice. I'm looking forward to her 3L/3L and 3A/3T combinations (presumably that 3F/3T will eventually evolve into a 3A/3T)! I think that 2A/glide/2A sequence must be an exercise for something, maybe the prelude to doing a combination jump after 3A.

I really like her positive, relaxed, confident attitude. You have the feeling that she's bound to succeed, and even if she doesn't, she will bounce back right away.

Banned
    3Lo-3Lo is not efficient in terms of maximizing points. Probably the purpose of practicing this is to strengthen her loop jumps, ultimately to realize the quad loop. Besides that,3Lo-3Lo is impressive to watch and it could be useful at exhibitions.

3F-3T might be a preparation for 3A-3T. And having various combinations will help saving points. For example, when a planned 3A-3T resulted in 3A-2T, she can make an instant combination by adding 3T to the later 3F.

Maybe something like this..

3A-2T or 3A-3T
    3A or "4Lo"
    3F
    2A
    3F-3T or 3F-2Lo
    3Lz
    3Lo-2Lo-2Lo

Banned
    I can't imagine the 3A/3T (or 4Loop) ever being reliable for her. I think she should go with this jump layout:

3Axel/2toe/2loop
    3Lutz
    3Axel
    ----------
    3Flip/3Loop
    2Axel/3Toe
    3Sal
    3Flip

~Z

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    thanks for posting!

she looks so tall and grown up. Funny, i saw her coach at toyota sports center yesterday... for the summer camp. i wonder if mao came down too. I agree that the 3 loop 3 loop is probabaly just to strengthen her loop jumps. if they are working on a quad loop then she will need a killer triple.

Thanks for the link. Mao looks in great shape and boy can she jump. Her jumps look effortless. She seems to be a couple of of inches taller than last season but the growth spurt has not affected her jumps at all. I am looking forward to seeing her compete this season it should be exciting. IMO All of the other ladies will be trying to cach Mao and YuNa.

If Mao can do half of the jumps that everyone is predicting for her she will be unbeatable.

Custom Title
    it looks like she will do "brakets-triple lutz-double loop-double loop" !

the japanese tv station mentioned that Mao is doing a backward power pull before every jump is to strengthen her legs for more power.

She is really starting to clean that lutz up now. I guess the change in rules over the summer has made some skaters take note.

I think all of the edge pulls before the jumps is a way of really highlighting the take off edges for her. She's had a tendancy these past few season to enter a lot of her jumps from a RFI mohawk and getting her to work in different edge pulls before jumps can only help her hit the jumps.

The triple loop/triple loop doesn't look as impressive to me as the triple flip/triple loop and doesn't bring as many points so i'd say she's better off sticking to it on the back of the triple flip.

The triple toes looked perfect to me. No sign of her practising the sal though?

Ant

Tripping on the Podium mirai_asada's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlooking View Post
    I hope so~! =DDDD

Custom Title
    Check out Mao's toilet paper commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTBQi9ZioaU

Rinkside
    It seems she'll definitely go for 3A! She looks incredibly strong and also prettier than the last season, maybe she've become a few inches taller than before? Look how she makes those jumps look so easy. And that 2A-snake sequence-2A is very interesting. Anyways she makes me expecting this coming season more and more!
    Oh and I really hope she does the clean lutz next season because I only see flutz in this video.. but It's still summer and there's lots and lots of time to build up for it!
    Last edited by Sulphur; 06-21-2007 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    It seems she'll definitely go for 3A! She looks incredibly strong and also prettier than the last season, maybe she've become a few inches taller than before? Look how she makes those jumps look so easy. And that 2A-snake sequence-2A is very interesting. Anyways she makes me expecting this coming season more and more!
    Oh and I really hope she do the clean lutz next season because I only see flutz in this video.. but It's still summer and there's lots and lots of time to build up for it!
    The triple that she did still rocked back to inside edge - but one that was much shorter than last season. The two or three she popped were from a clean outside edge...hence the pop? It is a much harder jump to do correctly off the outside edge.

My bet is that under competition pressure and nerves the muscle memory of the flutz will kick in. Points-wise it's better to land a triple flutz than to step out of a popped double lutz.

Ant

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlooking View Post
    Here's a link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_muYvY3kjIg
    where you can see
    - a triple loop , triple loop 1:40
    - a triple flip, triple toe
    - trying to do a True Lutz 2:04
    - double axel - sliding on one foot - double axel

What jumb combinations do you think she will do next season?
    Thanks a lot for posting!!

She seems to be in good shape.

Love to see her effortless 3A jumps.
    Last edited by guru; 06-21-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast