Evgeny Plushenko: It's not true that I am getting back with my wife! | Golden Skate

Evgeny Plushenko: It's not true that I am getting back with my wife!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
http://www.kp.ru/daily/23921/68940/
Evgeny Plushenko: It's not true that I am getting back with my wife!

The skater's parents only got to baby sit their grandson after the lawyers got involved

Maria REMIZOVA – June 21, 2007
Lately, celebrity divorces are full of public accusations and recriminations. Following the trend, the young family of the famous skater Evgeny Plushenko, having disintegrated into a scandalous divorce, did no avoid the courts.

Maria Yermak's lawyers are suing for a part of the champion's assets. The list, among other things, includes the out-of-town house on the Karelian isthmus ($900K), two Mercedes Gelaendewagen SUVs (about $70K), and a Toyota Landcruiser (about $80K) which was, by the way, president Putin's present to the athlete. This, however, is all standard at a divorce, rough as it is for both sides, as is any splitting up.

The wife's last demand, however, was too painful for Plushenko. Maria tried barring Evgeny and his parents from seeing their son - one-year-old Egorka. By the way, that's what happened at first – while the lawyers were sorting things out, neither the father nor the grandparents saw the child.

Finally, though, the sides cooled down, and Evgeny Plushenko's lawyers came to an agreement with the Yermak family. On June 29th, both sides promised to come up with the final version of the peace treaty. The first harbinger of the cease fire was Egor's birthday, attended by the dad, and the grandma and grandpa who haven't seen the child for a long time.

"Evgeny, after you managed to convince Maria to lift the ban on you seeing your son, there have been talk of you two working things out. Are you getting back with your wife?"

"That's not so. We each have our own lives. I am not returning to my wife, we just celebrated our son's birthday together. Masha and I came to amicable decisions on all issues. All I can say is that I am now OK with my son.

We're spending time together!

My son is already a year old. Egor is a real genius; believe it or not, he can go up to third floor on his own already!

I am very glad that Masha and I managed to talk things out, and that I can now see my son. He resembles me a lot – it's like we have the same face. Besides, my mom Tatiana Vasilievna and my father can finally nurture their grandson, which gives them immense joy.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Ptichka;252182 ... Finally said:
I am so glad to read this!!!

Evgeny and Masha -- please teach the Eisler/O'Brien/Swanson trio how to cool down and reach amicable decisions.

discoduck

On the Ice
I'm glad he's getting to spend some time with his son. I think it's a shame when parents use children as pawns in their divorces.

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks for the article and photos. Divorce is difficult more so when children are involved. I am glad things worked out for them both.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Although I am not a fan of Evgeny, this is a very sad situation.

In fact, when I heard that he got married and saw the pictures on a web site...I was like...this isn't the girl that he had been dating for a really long time. I was rather surprised because if I remember correctly they had been dating for less then a year.

Anyway, this girl sounds like she is really after the money and once you have a kid...you get money (I know...someone will be really mad that I said this). But think about it...they haven't been married for that long and she wants all these cars and houses and stuff.

And using a child as a pawn in a divorce settlement is just crazy!! She deserves to get nothing for playing that game.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Maria come from money??

Dee

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
It's not always about money for the parties concerned. Sometimes it's sticking it to the other person, especially in a high-visibility relationship. Being left publicly, regardless of gender, is humiliating, and making the other person pay for the hurt is part of the equation.

Many thanks for the translation, Ptichka!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I have REALLY been out of the loop--I didn't even know he was getting divorced.
http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/2093.html#cutid1
Oh, and welcome back to GS :rock:
Yes, her family is much wealthier than Evgeny.
It's not always about money for the parties concerned. Sometimes it's sticking it to the other person, especially in a high-visibility relationship. Being left publicly, regardless of gender, is humiliating, and making the other person pay for the hurt is part of the equation.
Agree. Add to that all the dirt Evgeny's mother has been dishing out. Also publicly, of course.

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
It's hard to judge people on their private lives. You never know what's really happening between two people.

Kasey

Medalist
I heard that there's an opportunity of Plush's getting back before CoR, at Russian Nationals.

Russian Nationals is AFTER Cup of Russia. Cup of Russia is in November. Russian Nats is late Dec/early January (variable).

You might be thinking some of the Russian Cup events, I think there are four of those throughout the season, and a Russian Cup final I think the end of January or beginning of February.

Ximena

Final Flight
I read an article a week ago that Maria will not get neither the apartment nor the car since both were gifts to Evgeni due his win at Olys and not to the couple.

All and all, Egor do looks a lot like Evgeni!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I am glad that the custody issue has been somewhat resolved. Back in the days of former USSR, fathers had no rights whatsoever. I hope that the courts did not make an exception to Plushenko in allowing to see the child because he is famous, but because the rules have been changed for everybody.

I agree that's not nesseccery about the money. If the rumors where correct, Maria was the one who was cheated on - and obviously feels the need for a revenge. I am not saying that that is correct, but that could be where she was coming from.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Papa Ermak, according to those close to Evgeni, tried to get his hands in the skating star's finances from the word "go".

Nevertheless, Maria looked great in the photos and it really is a shame they couldn't work things out for the sake of the child, but considering the rather serious nature of the relationship with his current gf, I don't see a reconciliation and it seems bizarre the press would even throw that out there.

Ximena

Final Flight
Papa Ermak, according to those close to Evgeni, tried to get his hands in the skating star's finances from the word "go".
For what I understand, he actually did. Evgeni had like a chain of hotels in Petersburg and then, when everyone thought he was still happily married, he said that Maria was now in charge od f the hotels. After the divorce was known, Evgeni said that he did that business with Maria's dad and now the dad denies the whole thing and Evgeni has lost all that money. Now I don't know how much of that it's true but that what it was said months ago.

but considering the rather serious nature of the relationship with his current gf, I don't see a reconciliation and it seems bizarre the press would even throw that out there.
It was more bizarre the fact that in the first article that came out about Evgeni getting back to Maria (where the pics of Egor showed up), there was a quote of Yana tlaking about how happy Evgeni was to being able to see his son, and they put that Yana was the girlfriend.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
The looking-glass is not to blame if your own face is plain (a Russian saying).

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice

According to others, yes. Then again, it is often the ones who have the most who tend to be the greediest.

That comment was not to accuse anyone or take sides. Just to share some random philosophy.