What Music Do YOU Want Skaters to Skate to? | Golden Skate

What Music Do YOU Want Skaters to Skate to?

mirai_asada

On the Ice
The title says it all~! XDDD

As for me, I'd like to see...

Mao Asada: Puccini's Violin Fantasy of Turandot for her LP and Your Song (from Moulin Rouge soundtrack) for her exhibition.

Mirai Nagasu: La Boutique Fantastique by Rossini-Respighi for her LP and When You Believe (from the Prince of Egypt soundtrack) for her exhibition.

Yu-na Kim: Swan Lake for her LP, Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On for her exhibition.

(I can't come up with music for SPs :p)

That's all for now.

Last edited:

Kypma

Final Flight
I'd like to see someone (probably a senior lady with a very nice and calm presentation) skate to Ch. Glück's Dance of the Blessed Spirits from Orpheus and Eurydice. I really like the song, but it would have to be mixed with something else or it might be too slow...

I can't think of anything else right now, I might add some on eventually.

Kypma

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I'd like to see Joanine keep Little Wing - that's great music in general and for her in particiular. More importantly, I think there is a place in skating for Jimi Hendrix's music, esp. for those skaters who'd rather stab themselves in the eye than skate to Carmen...

I'd like to see Emily skate her long program to something strong & dynamic - like her skating - these little prima balleria longs do nothing for her. Granted, I'm at a lost at to what that music is... Maybe Rush?

I'd like to see Mao skate to Lyra Angelia (sorry about the spelling...) I know this is a Kwan materpiece, but my son brought to my attention one day that she reminds him of Kwan when she was younger... And being the visual person that I am - I'd like to see this one on ice...

For Miki - Memoirs of a Geisha... I wanna see if she can go there.

For Kimmie - I'm not sure. She's a great skater with great jumps, and I do appreciate her desire to improve her artistic side, but I'd still like to see her skate to music with more soul, more drama and less "let's be ethnic." (yeah, its a bad way to describe it, but its my inarticulate opinion...) Or maybe she should go the character route - which character I have no idea...

I almost forgot my biggest one! Brian Joubert skating to Hotel California... and watch the young girls swoon...

What I don't want to see is any version of Swan Lake, Carmen, Romeo & Juliet, Cinderella or the Nutcracker... Sure ways to send me over the edge...

london_calling

On the Ice
I'd like to see Joanine keep Little Wing - that's great music in general and for her in particiular. More importantly, I think there is a place in skating for Jimi Hendrix's music, esp. for those skaters who'd rather stab themselves in the eye than skate to Carmen...

Couldn't agree more. I've always liked her music choices, she picks new and different things that I always enjoy. Little Wing was a great choice for music. I hope more skaters try rock instrumentals like that in the future.

Has anyone ever skated to Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 2 in E Minor? I always loved that piece and always wanted to see it skated to.

discoduck

On the Ice
I would like to see more skaters use some of the Tchaikovsky ballet scores that havent been done to death. Like Sleeping Beauty. Giselle is another one that I'd like to see more of. Angela Nikodinov is the only one that I can think of that used it and it's just gorgeous.

I'd like to see a dance team use some of Chuck Mangione's music particularly Children of Sanchez.

I really don't have a problem with Carmen except for the fact that everyone uses a variation of the same three or four cuts. There is so much great music from the opera that is never used!

I love those old war horses. It's like listening to my favorite CDs over and over. :agree:

Actually, it's more like those old Warner Brothers cartoons where various cartoon animals are singing out the parts while Buggs Bunny conducts. When I was a kid that was the only exposure to classical music I had.

Now I can watch figure skating and hear a fine orchestra booming out "Tor-e-a-dor-a!!" without sitting through a whole opera. ;)

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Miki Ando:

SP - "Baby Got Back"
LP - Tosca

Kimmie Meissner:

SP - East of Eden
LP - The Little Mermaid

Yu-Na Kim

SP - Amelie
LP - The Lark Ascending

Fumie Suguri

SP - The Hours
LP - whatever she used this past season

Yukari Nakano

SP - Memoirs of a Geisha
LP - Chocolat

~Z

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Yep, exactly.

No lyrics are allowed, however. Miki would need to interpret the character of the music with her bodily motions.

It would be pretty awesome.

*blink*

~Z

zephyrskates

On the Ice
i want to see skaters to embrace their roots this time...
maybe mao can skate to "Yuzurenai Negai" as her SP..
w/o the lyrics of course. and i think rock undertones are pretty nice. and a bit apt for mao's age (17?? 16???)
i'll add to this as soon as something hits me..

Last edited:

dlarry1

Rinkside
If there are any other "So You Think You Can Dance" fans out there, what about something by Wade Robson for dance, like Denk/Sta if they skate, or Del/Schoes?

Heck, I'd kill to see someone skate to "Ramalama..."

RJ Dunn

Spectator
Motley Crue, Shout At the Devil or Too Fast For Love, for Evan's Exsibition. It would be fun. Think about it. It would be a nice change, for 80s metal everyone loves. Might exspand the audeance. If not it would still be great.

pista04

On the Ice
If there are any other "So You Think You Can Dance" fans out there, what about something by Wade Robson for dance, like Denk/Sta if they skate, or Del/Schoes?

AHH! I was just gonna post about something from So You Think You Can Dance, and how they should skate to things like that. These two songs are from SYTYCD.

Belbin/Agosto could pull a very good "Be Be Your Love" by Rachael Yamagata OD
I think Dub/Lauz could blow everyone away with a program to "Dancing" by Elisa

I really want to see the younger couples do something that a younger audience would like, since the Dance couples can use lyrics. Even seeing a singles skater with a fun exhib to "Girlfriend" by Avril, or something by Lighthouse or the AAR would be amazingly fun.

Jo1

Rinkside
I've always wanted Michelle to skate to a Mozart piano concerto, expecially the slow ;movements. I don't know if they are good skating material but they are so beautiful that I think Michelle's grace would compliment them.:love:

anya_angie

Final Flight
Along those lines Joe I'd love to see someone do Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto #1, one of my favorite pieces.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i have mentioned beofre that Mao should use samson and delialh, but I would love to see her use more piano music. I think that phillip Glass has some rally capatavting selections off of the Illusionist soundtrack and the Hours. I wish body would use them. I think that Emily could to somthing good with West Side Story... the some upbeat, modern selections like "america" and the opening dance with the snapping fingers. I would like to see Evan skate to Beethovan's Fifth or Shehaerazade.

also, Inoue and baldwin could do a great exebition to "you and me" by lifehouse.

Last edited: