• 3 A

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Other

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Poise and smiles.

:laugh: RJ!:clap: I certainly hope it is very important to the skaters at the very least. I really believe there is some truth to that. I like your attitude anyway.:rock: No surprise there.:yes:

mirai_asada

On the Ice
This is a tough one. I think what would put the judges in awe would be something that makes a skater stand out from the rest...

I don't know about wowing the judges, but for ladies, the triple Axel not only gets big CoP points but also opens up many more possibilities for a skater to present an interesting and original program.

If a skater has a triple Axel she can:

(a) Skate a complete 7 triple program even without a triple-triple combination.

(b) Skate a record setting 8 triple program by the inclusion of just one triple-triple combo or sequence.

(c) Experiment with unique and original elements (such as a 3Lo-mazurka-3F sequence) without running into Zayak probems.

Example:

3A
3Lz+2T
3F
3S
3Lo+3F seq*
3T*
3Lz*

Easy does it. This skater has just skated an eight triple program. She maximized her points by doing 2 Lutzes and 2 Filps, with no Zayak difficulties. She presented all six triples (AFAIK this has never been done in the history of ladies figure skating (?) ). Her well-balanced program has two spectacular technical highlights (triple Axel and triple loop/triple flip sequence), one in each half, neither of which is likely to be duplicated by any other lady in the competition. Her jumping passes netted her 45 points, yet she has plenty of time and energy left for spins, transitions and moves in the field. :agree: