European Junior Skaters | Golden Skate

European Junior Skaters

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
I just wanted to get a thread deducated to the European Junior skaters only.

The are a lot of new faces coming to the JGPs and returning onces as well this seasons I just wanted to ask who you think will do well.

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
I am looking forward to seeing, just to name a few I hope will be there:

Estonia
Svetlana Issakova

Finland
Jenni Vähämaa, Nita Viiri

Germany:
Sarah Hecken, Isabel Drescher & Katharina Gierok

Italy
Stefania Berton, Marcella de Trovato

Japan
am waiting for a few new faces!

gio

Medalist
Jenni Vahama, Sara Hecken and Stefania Berton could be great surprises this year! Is Laura Lepisto (FIN) going to senior this year?
I would like to spend a word about the Spanish skater Sonia Lafuente. She is talented and if she continues to improve she could have interesting results. She already was the first Spanish skater to medal in an ISU event (JGP 2006)!

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Is there anyone who can do both 3Lz and 3F?

Sarah Hecken does both in practice but she doesn't know yet which once she will put into her programms. I think they will swap them around until they find what works best for her a bit closer to the JGP in AUT

Buzzz

Final Flight
What about this much talked about Arthur Gachinsky? There is a junior ice dance team listed on the Russian junior team list as Ekatarina Ryazanova & Johnathan Gurreiro. I want to see this young Russian with such an unusual name skate. :biggrin:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm hoping the beautiful Grunberg/Rand win Jr. Worlds this year.

They will have to contend with Samuelson/Bates, the Hubbells and the Russian teams. S/B and H/H will be especially hungry after the double disaster this past JW (S/B's fall and Kieffer's illness).

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
They will have to contend with Samuelson/Bates, the Hubbells and the Russian teams. S/B and H/H will be especially hungry after the double disaster this past JW (S/B's fall and Kieffer's illness).

Please remember NO US SKATERS, this discussion is only about European skaters!

I for one am curious about the new ice dance team. especially Kirsted Carpenter & Jan Hübner (AZE) and Ksenia Antonova & Paul Boll (GER).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If people talk about European skaters/teams winning Junior Worlds 2008, it's only fair to point out who the top competition will be, and some of the top competitors (sorry) won't be European.

What is the use of discussing performance completely out of context?

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I for one am curious about the new ice dance team. especially Kirsted Carpenter & Jan Hübner (AZE) and Ksenia Antonova & Paul Boll (GER).

Is this the same Antonova who used to skate for Russia in the JGP with Mylnikov?

krenseby

Final Flight
I just wanted to get a thread deducated to the European Junior skaters only.

The are a lot of new faces coming to the JGPs and returning onces as well this seasons I just wanted to ask who you think will do well.

One word: Youtube.. I want to see clips of these junior euro skaters. Have any of you got the links? I haven't seen any of their skates on TV so I can't participate in a discussion about them until I see at least a few of their performances on the ice.