Thread: Caren Kadavy Wins PSA Award

Custom Title

News Caren Kadavy Wins PSA Award

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...rtNo=706230343

Kadavy, an Erie native and ice-skating teacher at the Westminster Skating Club of Erie, was chosen for this year's award over fellow nominees Nancy Kerrigan, Elizabeth Manley and Angela Nikodinov.

The honor, named for Norwegian ice-skating phenomenon Sonja Henie, has been issued by the Professional Skaters Association every year since 1996 to a female professional skater who "has brought recognition to the sport in a positive and favorable manner."

Later in the article, it also mentions that Caren has just recently gotten married.

I just can not fill out more applications to read some article in a newspaper which will then flood my inbox with other material.

Anway, is it Caron with a C or a K? She is a very nice skater and I am happy she won this.

btw, how is Sonia involved in the honor? Is it on a trophy?

Joe

[CENTER]The real news here is that she's gotten married again (I never even knew that she was divorced). Click HERE to view a few wedding pictures. If you scroll to the right, you'll spot Roz Sumners and Brian Boitano among the attendees.[/CENTER]

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I just can not fill out more applications to read some article in a newspaper which will then flood my inbox with other material.

Anway, is it Caron with a C or a K? She is a very nice skater and I am happy she won this.

btw, how is Sonia involved in the honor? Is it on a trophy?

Joe
    It's Caryn (my mistake on the Y.). The award is just named after Sonja Henie as "Henie won the world figure-skating championship 10 years in a row and is credited with spurring the evolution of figure-skating into a performance-oriented, spectator sport."

I always loved Caryn's skating, especially as a professional, which is where, in my opinion, she truly blossomed into a real artist. Angela Nikodinov's skating reminded me of Caryn's, same ethereal, graceful quality.

Yeah, I think she used to be married to a doctor.

Custom Title
    I like very much Caryn Kadavy! She love to skated on Latin tunes (I remember her numbers on Another Cha Cha, Mambo Italiano, Oye Como Va ) flirting with the public, having fun with them and skating with real joy! That is a style that I miss very much today in exhibitions of ladies, where it seems all a little bit forced!
    So young skaters, if you want to take an ispiration model, take Caryn Kadavy!!

She easily can be listed with the great Pro Show Skaters. There was once a comparison of her and Oksana on some program fluff. They both did very nicely so why bother to say one was better.

Joe

Custom Title
    I wonder if Linda Leaver is coaching anyone?

Congrats to Caryn! She's a classy lady, and definitely still one of my favorite pro ladies.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    She really is such a pleasure to watch. Good for her.

Tripping on the Podium
    I agree. She has a nice way about her, a nice flow and quality on the ice. I always enjoyed watching her.